AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 298286 times)

Offline Lee N

• View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #740 on: December 27, 2007, 02:09:35 pm
A bunch of new shots from Street Fighter IV..

Apparently we'll get to see it in motion on the 1up show tommorrow, I'm guessing they'll just show Ryu VS Ken though (even if it would be interesting to see some of the other characters).

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #741 on: December 27, 2007, 04:29:11 pm
Hm, The Orange Box, eh? I'm not sure my little ol' laptop could even handle it!

On a completely unrelated note, do any of you guys use the few apps out there that let you draw online with other people? For the longest time I was trying to assemble a sketch group in my area, but the interest just wasn't there. So, I'm thinking... an online sketch group is the next best thing? I think, for myself at least, it would be a really awesome way to get motivated about drawing whenever you're in a slump.

What say you folks?

OpenCanvas 1.2 is freely available in some form, and is supposed to be pretty great for this sort of thing!

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #742 on: December 27, 2007, 09:09:40 pm
What I did yesterday:

-bought Super Mario Galaxy

-beat it

-had some pizza
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline shaheen

• Hardcore Lurker
    • View Profile

Reply #743 on: December 27, 2007, 09:21:22 pm
A bunch of new shots from Street Fighter IV..
[snip]
Apparently we'll get to see it in motion on the 1up show tommorrow, I'm guessing they'll just show Ryu VS Ken though (even if it would be interesting to see some of the other characters).
Yeah, I really need to see this in motion at this point. Final judgment on the graphics for me happens then. The shots are extremely inconsistent in quality (in my 3D knowledge-lacking eyes) otherwise.

OpenCanvas 1.2 is freely available in some form, and is supposed to be pretty great for this sort of thing!
edit-
and khris, try
http://www.groupboard.com/products/
it's not even as good as mspaint, but it's fun if you just wanna scribble stuff with other people in real time
Thanks for the tool suggestions! Though, I was mainly curious if any of you guys would be interested in forming the 'online sketch group' that I mentioned in the post.  :P

Offline Lawrence

• View Profile

Reply #744 on: December 27, 2007, 09:23:04 pm
Mario Galaxy is sort of too easy and too linear, in my view. Although it's still really good.

Offline elise

• View Profile

Reply #745 on: December 27, 2007, 09:57:40 pm
Has anyone ever bought one of those DS bundles off of Walmart.com? I think I'm going to give in and buy a ds, and I want one of those little mushroom sleeves but I'm not sure if they let you choose or you just get whatever random one.

I'll need to get some games, too. Hrm.

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #746 on: December 28, 2007, 07:07:25 am
RAUUUUGH :yell:
I hate photoshop and I hate digital art.
How the fuck do you guys use this shit? It's terribly imprecise and and bullshit and fuck. It's the only medium I've used that I cannot use worth a shit!
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Lee N

• View Profile

Reply #747 on: December 28, 2007, 12:42:02 pm

:ouch:

Offline Lee N

• View Profile

Reply #748 on: December 28, 2007, 09:23:13 pm

Offline shaheen

• Hardcore Lurker
    • View Profile

Reply #749 on: December 28, 2007, 10:30:37 pm
ohgodohgodohgod

Bah. The stream isn't loading right (or gamevideos, for matter) at all, for me. Why do they have to make these needlessly huge video files? 500 megabytes, just for SF footage.

Better be good.

EDIT: Youtube for those who are impatient, like myself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-IuPwIKQ1s
It looks... okay. Definitely doesn't give off a 3D feel, but, eh. Everything has a really plastic look to it.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 10:45:02 pm by Khris »