AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 298263 times)

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #730 on: December 26, 2007, 03:59:36 pm
Clothes, an electric razor, a new bible.  The funny thing was it's all what I asked for and I was psyched :P

Metalocalypse season 1 :D.

I would like.....a hundred beers.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Jericho

• View Profile
    • AppleLoaf Valley

Reply #731 on: December 26, 2007, 04:55:28 pm

got a 19" LCD tv with an included dvd player. that means i can finally play my wii again properly x__x. The tv i had was like 10 years old ..didnt have the proper jacks in the back and i've also lost the converter for it which means i cannot change it to input mode or whatever LOL
Alice is dead. We cut off her head.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #732 on: December 26, 2007, 07:17:02 pm
A registered version of Game Maker (or rather, a Game Maker registration) (;D) some pants, a book on how to watercolor, a Gil Scott-Heron CD, and some things yet to be discovered.
Cool  :)

Offline shaheen

• Hardcore Lurker
    • View Profile

Reply #733 on: December 26, 2007, 07:19:51 pm
I got 95 dollars. I have a few ideas of what I might possibly get.

A scanner? Promotion? Gamestuffs? Oh dear.

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #734 on: December 26, 2007, 11:00:36 pm
i bought myself a new monitor
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 11:16:44 pm by Zolthorg »

Offline eck

• But why is RUM gone???
    • View Profile

Reply #735 on: December 27, 2007, 02:07:56 am
I got 95 dollars. I have a few ideas of what I might possibly get.

A scanner? Promotion? Gamestuffs? Oh dear.

orange box is calling you.
untz untz untz?

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #736 on: December 27, 2007, 05:31:04 am
can't for the life of me get this monitor calibrated correctly

Offline shaheen

• Hardcore Lurker
    • View Profile

Reply #737 on: December 27, 2007, 07:03:50 am
Hm, The Orange Box, eh? I'm not sure my little ol' laptop could even handle it!

On a completely unrelated note, do any of you guys use the few apps out there that let you draw online with other people? For the longest time I was trying to assemble a sketch group in my area, but the interest just wasn't there. So, I'm thinking... an online sketch group is the next best thing? I think, for myself at least, it would be a really awesome way to get motivated about drawing whenever you're in a slump.

What say you folks?

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #738 on: December 27, 2007, 07:39:28 am
Wii, Rayman 1 & 2, Mario Galaxy(mmm), Guitar Hero 2(I like the selection better than 3), and a nice 19" LCD monitor...
I'm just worried my monitor isn't displaying the right colors(seems alright... 'except for a few things that I just don't remember having that color), and I dunno what to do... I haven't pixelled yet but I dunno if I'm gonna end up making a piece with ugly ass colors or not. Oh, and anyone with experience with monitors and such... mines makes a high-pitched noise when I first turn it on for the first few seconds--is it something to worry about? It goes away after a few seconds but I'd hate for it to crap out on my after the warranty is up.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #739 on: December 27, 2007, 07:52:23 am
I was working xmas day :P
double pay and a day in lieu, so it was alright.
Plus it meant I didn't get dragged to church with all my extended family I only see once a year.

Had 6 people ring up asking if we rented Wii games, I've been getting one call a day for the last 2 weeks, and well, we don't
pretty stupid since our 360's are all broken, we have one ps3 and it's been rented twice, it will take years to make the money back off it.
Plus the Wii has tons of party games, and they are easily the most popular rentals.

So yeah, I got a nice suitcase for when I go to the states in April, a book on optical illusions (I think I've seen absolutely everything in it before) 2 books on davinci, one entitled "genius", another book about someone who solved the greatest scientific problem of his time, a 3D puzzle with all these balls you have to connect in specific ways, couple boxes of chocolates, some wine, a fan that you can display messages with as it spins, some scratchies, some gaming mags, a calander, and 4000 wii points.
So right now, I am absolutely rocking the Yoshi's Story, I'm glad it's just as fun as I remembered it (and sickeningly cute)

Oh, I actually had a fair bit of customers xmas day, pretty much just an average day.
Although there was one dude who came in the morning to get 5 discs resurfaced, he must've been real lonely coz he stayed the whole hour and a half to wait for them and I talked with him the whole time, poor guy :(

edit-
and khris, try
http://www.groupboard.com/products/
it's not even as good as mspaint, but it's fun if you just wanna scribble stuff with other people in real time
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 07:54:44 am by .TakaM »
Life without knowledge is death in disguise