AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 298204 times)

Offline miascugh

• Schnitzelfiend
    • View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #670 on: December 18, 2007, 07:29:53 pm
I have made FIRE

Offline eck

• But why is RUM gone???
    • View Profile

Reply #671 on: December 18, 2007, 11:04:50 pm

is it just me, or has all the recent metal just sucked?  the last decent things i heard were serj tankian (although he was a bit softcore), and the ozzy album that came out ages ago (still a bit softcore for my tastes).  i was also a bit fond of the trivium cd, and the most recent slayer album (christ illusion)

You're listening to shit metal, that is all.

took the words right out of my mouth...

... way to make a totally opinionated and stereotypical statement the music i listen to. 

my post was more requesting any decent upcoming bands that any of you had heard recently.
my library has a wide verity of metal in it, not just mainstream bands like slayer and ozzy.  to list a few
-job for a cowboy, skindred, static x, atreyu, devil wears parada, oekep (no idea how that is spelled), lacuna coil, all that remains, anthrax, cradle of filth, blind guardian, candlemass, in flames, fates warning, puddle of mudd, audiovent, mushroomhead, bleed the sky, high high low low, the distillers, dope, drowning pool, flyleaf, mudvayne, nonpoint, scary kids scaring kids, i set my friends on fire, children of bodem, deff leppard, dio, killswich engage, dokken, godsmack, mastadon, megadeath, slipknot, slayer, motly crue, muddy waters, hatebreed, shattersphere, naplam death, obituary, pantera, poisen, rammstein, red jumpsuit apparatus, sepultura, suicide silence, tool, trivium, arthemis, arwen, avantasia, axenstar, black magesty, burning point, casus belli, chinchilla, cryonic temple, crystal ball, cydonia, dark moore, domain, dionysus, dragonland, dragonforce, dreamtalke, duke, dungeon, edenbridge, elegy, firewind, freedom call, freternia, gamma ray, grave digger, gladiator, guardians of time, gunbridge, hammerfall, helloween, highlord, horizon, impellitteri, kamelot, last tribe, lorien, magnatude nine, manigance, masterplan, protest the hero, morifade, mvp, nightmare, nocturnal rites, nostradameus, phantom,, platude, power quest, primal fear, thge prowlers, rage, rawhead rexx, requiem, rhapsody, royal hunt, shining fury,  silendt force, sonata artica, stormwind, the sotryteller, stratovarius, supreme majesty, tad morose, tarot, thunderstone, thy majestie, vhaldemar, virtuocity, voice, warmen, yngwie malmsteen, zonata, zeromancer

etc etc
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 11:23:51 pm by eck »
untz untz untz?

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #672 on: December 18, 2007, 11:59:28 pm
@eck: Yes, yes, but we are NOT mind readers, and can go only by what you type. And from the bands that you initially listed...IN MY OPINION, some of those bands didn't quite scream true metal. Don't think I've ever thought of System of a Down as Metal. More Alt. Rock. Ozzy was one of the starter ups of metal back in the day, but even now, his stuff seems more rock than what most consider metal. Also, some of the bands you listed above, (Static X, and Puddle of Mud) still leave me questioning tastes in what Metal really is. And I don't think you have to go into such detail in naming every single metal band to cover your case, man. Remember, there are some opinionated metal heads here, so when you say "all recent metal sucked", you have to know there is going to be a response back. Not everyone is always in agreement.
    However, I leave judgment to the eyes of the beholder, so like what you like, and try not to be offended by other's opinions. We all have different tastes, and opinions so leave it at that. Also, the silly debate over what is and isn't metal is VERY played out, so let's call it square, and laugh it off...ay?

@MiaScuff: (*Slaps Chest* I....Have made FIRE! I love Cast Away) Noice'...Can I have some?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 12:03:02 am by The B.O.B. »
my back hurts...

Offline eck

• But why is RUM gone???
    • View Profile

Reply #673 on: December 19, 2007, 01:39:33 am
thats nice that you have your oppinion and all, but you still haven't recommended to me any artists or given me any ideas as to where to find some new stuff?
untz untz untz?

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #674 on: December 19, 2007, 01:54:48 am
I dunno if Puscifer is metal but if you like Tool they're worth checking out.

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #675 on: December 19, 2007, 03:18:50 am
I dunno if Puscifer is metal but if you like Tool they're worth checking out.

oh tool. I am big fans of them, and a perfect circle. Quite good to pass the time with I do say.
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline Faktablad

• grow
    • View Profile
    • Couchpixel

Reply #676 on: December 19, 2007, 04:16:29 am
Have you checked out Sepultura or Krisiun?  Both good Brazilian metal bands.

Offline dtek

• View Profile

Reply #677 on: December 19, 2007, 04:52:49 am
So...
what's the deal with the ripper thread/post getting so much attention(http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php?topic=5639.0), when some other posts don't even get a reply....
 :yell:

we need a good "fad" on the forum to check out like the chibi avatar fad of 2004(?), or the fighter sprite thing a couple years ago,
just a thought..

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #678 on: December 19, 2007, 05:13:32 am
Because anger elicits a lot more of a response then neutral feelings.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline dtek

• View Profile

Reply #679 on: December 19, 2007, 05:31:15 am
my point exactly, surely this forum isn't for humilating users