AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 298235 times)

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #660 on: December 17, 2007, 08:17:35 pm
>:(
Cleaned the Tools, Resources and Linkage thread and merged with the OT thread.
I don't know how to stress it further, but DO NOT CHITCHAT ON THAT THREAD  :mean:
Next time you have any opinions on the posted links, post about it here, not there!.
Now the strikes.  >:(

Hmm.

Is the TR&L-thread very hard to manage if people manage to speak freely about the matters that concerns the links posted there (sincere question)

I feel that discussions have a tendency to be quite non-spontaneous when you have to jump between threads just to have a fruitful discussion. O:

EDIT

Umm, speaking of nothing, this random-8bit:y sound effect generator is very simple but quite rad if you're lazy (:

http://www.imitationpickles.org/ludum/2007/12/13/sfxr-sound-effects-for-all/

EDIT AGAIN

MAN, if rippers are a race, I'm a racist = A= What the heck is up with the complete denial? How do you become like that!? It's like, on pixelation boards, there are the normal guys who do their stuff, and then there's the rippers who always act kind of polite until you post evidence (often VERY CLEAR such) and then you get met with-

COMPLETE DENIAL

and when you further stress the point you get met with ANGER AND INDIGNATION-

As if it was inhuman to actually get people to use their creativeness and make their own art. As if they actually believe themselves, 100%, that they have created these pixel-rips without reference.

I mean, that totally scares me! How can you get so angry and defend NOTHINGNESS, LIES, to that extent? They're like the ghosthacked guys in ghost in the shell. It's like they have fake memories and values that they're programmed to fight for. How do you become like that? Man, I don't get it (:

(Ah, and I'm not really referencing to the case where the swordsman guy got totally angry with me and stuff, that was more a misunderstanding from his side (regarding the rules) and my side (regarding the ripped-ness) and much of a border-line case. I'm rather speaking about post incidents in this board, which totally puzzle me.)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 08:34:29 pm by Jad »
' _ '

Offline am_pm

• Lurker supreme
    • View Profile

Reply #661 on: December 17, 2007, 08:32:16 pm
The Sufjan Stevens Christmas album is the best Christmas album I've ever listened to, ever.

Offline eck

• But why is RUM gone???
    • View Profile

Reply #662 on: December 17, 2007, 09:22:51 pm
speaking of albums. 

is it just me, or has all the recent metal just sucked?  the last decent things i heard were serj tankian (although he was a bit softcore), and the ozzy album that came out ages ago (still a bit softcore for my tastes).  i was also a bit fond of the trivium cd, and the most recent slayer album (christ illusion)
untz untz untz?

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #663 on: December 17, 2007, 10:45:38 pm
everyone has their total dick moments, and it's usually when they are embarrassed or threatened.

with rippers inviting both embarrassment and threats, they usually are the ones to have total dick moments.

a lot of rippers too think that they wont get caught, adding to the embarrassment.

ripping is all about an ego trip, making others think you are better than you are.  to get called out in the middle of an ego trip will heighten the dickiness.

rippers are not concerned with anyone but themselves, which makes them prone to dickiness.

in short, rippers - dicks.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #664 on: December 17, 2007, 11:43:56 pm
is it just me, or has all the recent metal just sucked?  the last decent things i heard were serj tankian (although he was a bit softcore), and the ozzy album that came out ages ago (still a bit softcore for my tastes).  i was also a bit fond of the trivium cd, and the most recent slayer album (christ illusion)
Maybe you just need to look a bit harder?

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #665 on: December 18, 2007, 12:40:49 am
everyone has their total dick moments, and it's usually when they are embarrassed or threatened.

with rippers inviting both embarrassment and threats, they usually are the ones to have total dick moments.

a lot of rippers too think that they wont get caught, adding to the embarrassment.

ripping is all about an ego trip, making others think you are better than you are.  to get called out in the middle of an ego trip will heighten the dickiness.

rippers are not concerned with anyone but themselves, which makes them prone to dickiness.

in short, rippers - dicks.

Well, I guess. It's just that it's a level of self-indulgement and lack of self-distance that's hard for me to comprehend ):
' _ '

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #666 on: December 18, 2007, 02:10:09 am
I mean, that totally scares me! How can you get so angry and defend NOTHINGNESS, LIES, to that extent? They're like the ghosthacked guys in ghost in the shell. It's like they have fake memories and values that they're programmed to fight for. How do you become like that? Man, I don't get it (:

My experience tells me that these people are simply spoiled. They've learned from their life with friends and family that if you defend your lies enough and act indignant enough eventually people will cave in and accept them as truth. When this simply doesn't fly when caught for ripping they just explode in a big way. They'll come up with the most outrageous stories and they'll get all moral highground on you, they'll try any rhetoric trick they can to justify the simple fact that they were misleading people to get asspats about how good they are at something they're not.

Think about it, think about the person that desire so much acceptance and admiration that he's willing to shortcut straight to being awesome. Think how insecure this person is and how much he must constantly defend his ego from even the slightest prod. It's not so difficult to see that they'll pile on lies upon lies when challenged. Eventually they give up, I think, and that's a really learning experience for them. A lot of kids rip and get found out, make a huff and then when it all lies down in a few months the lesson has sunk in and they try to do things differently from then and on. This is why we ban for a year and not forever, but also not for like, a week. To have that lesson be attached to a reprimand that has gravity. A year is not forever for you and I, but it sure sounds like forever for the 14 year old kid that ripped here to get instant gratification from respect and asspats. He wanted it HERE and NOW. And now he might get it a year from now, and then it's not for sure. It's a good thing to have this happen to you.

You're listening to shit metal, that is all.

Offline am_pm

• Lurker supreme
    • View Profile

Reply #667 on: December 18, 2007, 03:30:57 am
There is a lot of good metal out there. You just have to look harder than the mainstream. Try listening to Arsis, Behemoth, Decapitated, or Nile. If you don't like the growling and you're into a little more blues-y style, try Electric Wizard or High on Fire.

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #668 on: December 18, 2007, 06:49:47 am

You're listening to shit metal, that is all.

took the words right out of my mouth...
my back hurts...

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #669 on: December 18, 2007, 07:08:16 am
Hmm.

Is the TR&L-thread very hard to manage if people manage to speak freely about the matters that concerns the links posted there (sincere question)

I feel that discussions have a tendency to be quite non-spontaneous when you have to jump between threads just to have a fruitful discussion. O:

Wouldn't be impossible to manage, but the "Don't chitchat" thing is for tidiness sake, so the thread doesn't turn like the mess  it's previous incarnation was.
Also, if there are no conversations going on, it would be easier to find what you are looking for.

I mean, I don't mind a single comment towards whatever link, but due to human nature or something, there is always someone that would have to disagree with it or continue with the comment, and then someone else and so on. So it would be better to cut from the beginning.