AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 298211 times)

Offline big brother

• herculeanpixel.com
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #600 on: December 06, 2007, 10:11:13 pm

RYU SMASH!

btw whats with the small but rockhard dick and complete lack of testes?

The small lump actually ARE the testicles. The other lump to the right of it is the head.

On a more serious note, it seems that they are marrying the loose alpha style proportions with the pore-and-stubble "realism" of modern 3D fighters (Virtua Fighter, Tekken, etc.). The result is a complete Frankenstein's monster. It will be funny to see the anatomy of the less "average human" characters (Zangief, Saggat, etc.).

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #601 on: December 07, 2007, 12:53:33 am
I think it looks decent. I don't think you can legitimately expect them to follow up Street Fighter III with something that looks even better.

Ryu's feet are very very buff. That requires intense discipline to train your feet muscles. They were showing Ryu's discipline. Also his apparent sadism with their expressive use of the groin region.

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #602 on: December 07, 2007, 01:02:30 am
Well darn. I just edited this Ryu screen shot to fit a more realistic anatomy, but Photoshop decided to crap up on me. Does this happen to any body else, when you try to save for web, and the program won't respond to anything else you try to click on(cancel, done, save, nada...)?
my back hurts...

Offline Lee N

• View Profile

Reply #603 on: December 07, 2007, 01:28:31 am
two more screens.

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #604 on: December 07, 2007, 01:49:36 am
Oh god Ken's face is a flat object :'(
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline shaheen

• Hardcore Lurker
    • View Profile

Reply #605 on: December 07, 2007, 02:09:07 am
Oh dear.

Perspective is a deceptive bitch. I'll leave it at that until I see this in motion, because.

Man... just. Wow.

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #606 on: December 07, 2007, 02:42:16 am
lol @ Ken's face

I think I revoke my decent statement. first shot was pretty decent but, but

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #607 on: December 07, 2007, 02:42:31 am
They seem pretty good to me, detailed background, shirt looks like it has blown back after he fired off the fire ball ... at least its not the HD thing. Something that would annoy me is if that guy keeps his back to the fight scene the whole time. Someone just launched a fireball and he is still staring at his soup? Maybe I'm just sensitive to it because apparently thats how my cat says f*ck you by sitting with her back to you.  
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline Sohashu

• View Profile

Reply #608 on: December 07, 2007, 03:27:14 am
Look at the bottom left corner of the 3rd screen, the foot looks flipped and also ridiculously twisted to the side. 
Back from hiatus, just remembered how excellent this community is at forming technique in a fledgeling artist of any kind.

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #609 on: December 07, 2007, 03:44:12 am
*actually does barf on the keyboard this time*

seriously though, I wouldn't judge this game until its motion.  These shots look absolutely terrible, but any of these shots would only actually be visible to the eye for about 1/30th of a second...I'm not defending it or anything, just saying; this is a game that perhaps more than all others is dedicated to constant spastic motion, and judging it in any other context is pretty ludicrous IMO!

But Ken does look F*cking retarded.