AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 298201 times)

Offline Froli

• Dragon Highlord
    • View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #490 on: November 25, 2007, 07:39:06 pm

Wowa, crazy shit man.
Is everyone all right? Hope no one got hit?

I always wonder what the fuck's going on in the minds of the people that do such things. How can you enjoy throwing rocks at people?

Yeah, everyone is alright just some bad nerves and paranoia.. I'm just afraid for my nephews and kids here. I can't say about our roof though, have to check that in the morning for damage.

My country screwed up.. people are religious fanatics, believes too much on paranormal and easy to manipulate :( if things don't get their way, you will usually see in the news a guy got chop into pieces and scattered in some grassy land. I really think this place is evil and full of ignorant people.   

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #491 on: November 25, 2007, 08:44:58 pm

Wowa, crazy shit man.
Is everyone all right? Hope no one got hit?

I always wonder what the fuck's going on in the minds of the people that do such things. How can you enjoy throwing rocks at people?

Yeah, everyone is alright just some bad nerves and paranoia.. I'm just afraid for my nephews and kids here. I can't say about our roof though, have to check that in the morning for damage.

My country screwed up.. people are religious fanatics, believes too much on paranormal and easy to manipulate :( if things don't get their way, you will usually see in the news a guy got chop into pieces and scattered in some grassy land. I really think this place is evil and full of ignorant people.   

Man, that's fucked up, royally so. >:

Where is it that you live? Your profile doesn't say.
' _ '

Offline Froli

• Dragon Highlord
    • View Profile

Reply #492 on: November 25, 2007, 10:01:31 pm
Philippines.. I admit, I'm not proud of my country since I've seen a lot of shit when growing up.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #493 on: November 26, 2007, 07:59:17 am
I just hate the 'KILL WIF GUN'-automatic reaction to stuff. So please shut the hell up or elaborate. Instead of the gun-penis-replies.

lol, don't take me seriously.  i am a middle class white guy, hardly seen any guns in my life.

but if the police arent gonna do fuck about it, i think the people should.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #494 on: November 26, 2007, 09:19:17 am
oh my god futurama, Bender's Big Score has been ripped you can even find it on google video
and it was so damn awesome, tons of inside jokes to fans plus lots of jabs at FOX, family guy etc.

It was so great it almost borders on fan-service, if you are or were ever a fan, watch it.
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #495 on: November 26, 2007, 09:29:39 am
I thought it was a bit meh. Yes, it had LOTS of little in jokes, but on the whole it dragged a bit and is imo not as funny as the average Futurama episode from the first 4 seasons (and yes, I have the boxset)

I hope the other 3 will be better, but on a whole I feel this kinda stuff does not lend itself very well to feature format. Short episodes deffo work better.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #496 on: November 26, 2007, 09:46:57 am
each movie will be broken up into 4 episodes, which is why each 30 minutes kinda had their own part of the plot that everything focussed on.
only thing that disappointed me was seymour only making a very minor cameo and the two songs were kinda painful.

but for futurama, especially after so long, I can't help but love it
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #497 on: November 26, 2007, 10:40:21 am
How that works out will have to be seen. I mean they made the thing as a movie, but I guess they have planned ahead so stuff is easy-ish to cut up, like an episode with fry and the nar-whale or something. Still, as a whole it is sub par imo.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #498 on: November 27, 2007, 05:33:19 am
I thought it was a bit meh. Yes, it had LOTS of little in jokes, but on the whole it dragged a bit and is imo not as funny as the average Futurama episode from the first 4 seasons
Yeah, I agree. The whole thing really was just filled with recycled stuff passed off as in-jokes or references, or at least it seemed that way to me. And I can't say I enjoyed the references to Fox and stuff, it kind of seemed out of tune with the show.

Although that's not to say I didn't enjoy it completely. It's just Futurama has a pretty high standard to start with.

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #499 on: November 27, 2007, 02:01:09 pm
Wait new Futurama episodes already? Are they already showing or what? Huha, found the new movie, gonna watch it tonight.
Also uh, I has a question for everyone:
Futurama or Simpsons?
For my personally I'd choose Futurama, but meh.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 02:07:26 pm by bengoshia »