AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 298228 times)

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #290 on: October 21, 2007, 04:30:49 pm
mh, i think the n64 takes that cake. 

there are a lot of shitty games for the playstation, as much as i love it.  part of being sony too is that with all of it's developer loyalty, it had tomb raider, final fantasy 7 (more hype than anything else but it did sell), etc, but they also had ALL THOSE OTHER TOMB RAIDER GAMES as well as a few final fantasy duds (personally i loved 8, but it's not like most people did).  The same is true for every game series made on the playstation.  There is a good side to this, if tenchu had never been made, tenchu 2 would not have been either, and that game is awesome, but there's stillthe issue of tenchu sorta sucking (can i turn while running? no! can a guard see farther than a ninja? yes!).  The playstations also got 6 or 7 romance of the three kingdoms games.  Ape escape was great, ape escape 2......sucked hard.

The n64 on the other hand had a smaller number of good games, most of which got it right.  Banjo Kazooey and Banjo Tooie are both excellent games (nearly as fun as mario 64), and SPEAKING of mario 64, IT was on the n64!.  As was mario kart 64 and super smash bros.  Goldeneye, Two amazing zeldas, the list goes on.  When a sequel is released, most often it rocks.

clearly you can go on listing good games for both platforms (playstion has the metal gear series, which remains constantly decent, if never amazing), so i wont pretend that these few games are a "winning" argument, but imo the n64, though it's vaults are smaller, had much better quality control.  They also have Shigeru Miyamoto.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #291 on: October 21, 2007, 04:49:47 pm
Well its better than my PC, thats for sure. I want to DESTROY THE THING WITH A HAMMER OVER AND OVER AND OVER. I mean seriously, I'll scan it with Spybot and start scanning, I'll leave the room for 5 minutes and I come back in and it's shut down(I've seen it happen a few times, it freezes and then shuts off), sometimes it'll just randomly shut down, I don't know if it's an overheating problem or what but it's really, really, really irritating. Hopefully I'll get a decent PC soon, that can actually play games decently as well. I hope some of you can understand where I'm coming from, that you too, have had a PC this terrible so you can understand(But if you've never had one like this, you are a lucky person).

Haha, randomly shutting off FTW.

Mine is exactly the same :'D

Oh, and by the way, Theo is like one of the nicest names ever O:!!!
' _ '

Offline Faktablad

• grow
    • View Profile
    • Couchpixel

Reply #292 on: October 21, 2007, 05:29:31 pm
Yeah, Theo is the kind of name that gets you chicks.  8) :y:

Offline Mirre

• Pokémon Trainer
    • View Profile
    • LINNEART

Reply #293 on: October 21, 2007, 06:18:37 pm
Whoop! Congrats on the baby!

Also for god's sake name him something decent, like you know, Alex or Ben, yes, those are generic names but who the hell names their kid Theo Vincent Storm(I know I'm being harsh, but if he had that name, he'd be screwed through out high school)?
Hey, my little brother's name is Torkel (and that is weird even for being a Swedish name) and noone picked on him. Actually I think it's nice to see a name that isn't used so often (like Alex or Ben), because that shows some creativity, and lets you not be "just another Alex/Ben". Theo is a really nice name btw! Looks like it will fit him well. And Theo Vincent Storm is the kind of name that people will remember (but that has both positive and negative sides to it of course).
Oh, and I guess everyone plans or speculates over their kids' futures. That doesn't mean that they won't support them in whatever they become though!

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #294 on: October 21, 2007, 06:34:42 pm
Baccaman kind of got me to favor the name Theo..... so I guess now I like it.
Oh almost forgot:
http://kotaku.com/gaming/clips/mgs4-e-4-all-english-demo-gameplay-313269.php

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #295 on: October 21, 2007, 11:22:42 pm
Being a "Ben" myself, I know that even if you curse you're son with a name as a plain as "Ben", he can find ways around it.  ;) 

Also, it's way liberating to modify or pick your own name.
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #296 on: October 22, 2007, 05:47:33 am
The only advice I have for naming kids, is that you should do yourself a favour and pick something short.
Because you are going to be stuck having to label every single damn thing (stationary, books, and whatnot) once your boy starts going to school, and you know less letters = less work.

Offline pkmays

• dawn patrole mole
    • View Profile

Reply #297 on: October 22, 2007, 07:50:08 am

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #298 on: October 22, 2007, 03:53:28 pm
Man I dig free literature.  Nice find man.  :y:
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline huZba

• MekaSkull
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19396.htm
    • huzba
    • View Profile

Reply #299 on: October 22, 2007, 04:49:15 pm
oh awesome, i have some of those, but there are some i haven't seen before. Lotsa thanks PK.