AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 298208 times)

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #130 on: October 07, 2007, 01:13:18 am
Your mom plays Fatal Fury.
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #131 on: October 07, 2007, 02:03:26 am
So, basically rox, you feel compelled to do free pr for one of the biggest selling games ever. How awful do you feel about yourself to be a non-paid employee of Bungie?

It's not PR, Helm. I think you're trying to analyze my intentions way too hard. I already stated quite clearly what I was trying to do. I intended to try to convince ONE person to replay a game he's already bought and played. How is that PR? It doesn't help Bungie and it doesn't help the game. I just wanted to try and increase one person's enjoyment of the game.

Besides, I wouldn't mind doing free PR for Bungie. Now that Microsoft don't own them anymore and the Halo deal is finally over, they're easily my favorite game developer. Not that they weren't before, but this just makes it better. I wish nothing but good for them in the future, and if me babbling about them somehow has a positive effect on their business, then I'm more than happy to help.

How awful do you feel about yourself from continuing to waste your time, trying to get something out of reading inbetween the lines of my posts all the time?

Quote from: pkmays
No. It means I really like Quake. Jeeze.

Oh. Right. Yeah. See, I would've gotten that if Helm's over-analyzation wasn't keeping me on my toes like this. It's contageous!

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #132 on: October 07, 2007, 02:17:47 am
Not very awful consider I was just joking. But I do think you're wasting your time, possibly, with playing Halo 3 like, 5 times. You've posted more about this game here than you've posted critique for people in a year, am I wrong?

Offline pkmays

• dawn patrole mole
    • View Profile

Reply #133 on: October 07, 2007, 02:39:25 am
Your mom plays Fatal Fury.

When the credit card bills come in, my mom IS Fatal Fury.

Offline tomachu

• View Profile

Reply #134 on: October 07, 2007, 02:43:56 am
hey Helm and and Ptoing and all the great pixelers. i thought i'd just give a shout for all the wonderful moments i've had because of you. (there's a ton of names ot be added but because of pixel limitations i can't fit them to 16x16 tile). Peace and love, i'll try to become active observer and possibly start working of some pixel pushing in the near times :D)

- tomi

Offline Faktablad

• grow
    • View Profile
    • Couchpixel

Reply #135 on: October 07, 2007, 05:04:54 am
Not very awful consider I was just joking.
Helm, when you joke, it's...not too funny.  ;)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #136 on: October 07, 2007, 05:10:22 am
It's funny after the pain goes away. When you look back to it as a memory. Ah when we were young, when Rox was wasting his life advocating the awesomeness of playing Halo all day... thankfully that scissors freak accident that deprived him the functional use of both thumbs made him reconsider the preciousness of his fleeting creativity.

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #137 on: October 07, 2007, 06:01:17 am
And you have to consider the irony because his post-Halo, pre-scissors, occupations consisted of performing perfect 'thumbs up' on commercials, modeling expert thumb ring displays on the shopping network, and executing flawless ring-ins on Jeopardy.

:y: er.... :sigh:
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline huZba

• MekaSkull
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19396.htm
    • huzba
    • View Profile

Reply #138 on: October 07, 2007, 08:01:50 am
Here's something good i think, and doesn't go for halo alone, but a lot of games in general.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/28/opinion/28radosh.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Offline MoD

• mnky
    • View Profile

Reply #139 on: October 07, 2007, 07:39:50 pm
On a completely unrelated note, I hate news sites that require registration.