AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 298270 times)

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #30 on: September 20, 2007, 08:28:04 am
Oh snap, Prison Break...

It's official, I'll have no life by the end of this year. See, I used to follow Lost and Prison Break back whenever, back 'ere on Swedish TV which is inevitably a couple of weeks behind the US stuff... and all of my friends download the episodes instead... Do people have no patience at all anymore? Anyway, this fall, some of the awesomest 360 games ever are coming out. And also next year. Very soon, Halo 3 will consume all of my free time. BUT, I also just started watching Heroes which another Swedish channel decided to pick up spontaneously, and I knew I have to see it. Two episodes a week, one on wednesday and one on thursday. Yet another channel are about to start airing Eureka, which looks interesting, and also Dexter which has gotten immense praise from my classmates so I feel I need to check it out. Then Prison Break will return soon, followed by Lost... and Halo 3... and I'll officially have no spare time left at all... I hope none of those shows collide!

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #31 on: September 20, 2007, 08:33:14 am
OMG, the tragedy that would ensue. /o\
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #32 on: September 20, 2007, 09:45:53 am
Heroes.. I really felt they ran that show into the ground.
they had a bunch  of cool characters, then they just kept introducing more and more, and they had really lame powers like super schizophrenia, and seriously, the mind reading cop was an absolute retard, I just wanted to smack him every time he 'acted' like he could read minds, every single time he leans in and sorta.. aims his brain at them.
plus there was Hiro, whose power was so much better than everyone else's, it just made everyone else worthless and the ending so stupid
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Frychiko

• Don't waste garbage here.
    • View Profile

Reply #33 on: September 20, 2007, 09:52:16 am
See, I used to follow Lost and Prison Break back whenever, back 'ere on Swedish TV which is inevitably a couple of weeks behind the US stuff... and all of my friends download the episodes instead... Do people have no patience at all anymore?

Waiting is for suckers!  There's no way I'm gonna wait for more than half a year for it to get here! A couple of weeks... Half a year.. all the same!

Congratulation this story is happy end. Thank you. - Ghost & Goblins

Offline mattness

• View Profile

laughably tech spots

Reply #34 on: September 21, 2007, 12:15:57 am
Take a look: http://crave.cnet.co.uk/0,39029477,49292857-1,00.htm

:lol:

P.S.: Sorry for posted this one out of the OT Thread.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 02:00:55 am by mattness »
<<You chanted the Resurrection Spell. You've been revived in the Realm.>>

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #35 on: September 21, 2007, 06:21:34 am

Been working on Twinsens catamaran and I think I'm about done.
this one was tough to make look right; fitting the hulls onto the surface of the water without them looking too awkward, enough perspective ambiguity so they didn't look broken, but not so much that the boat looked awkward next to the playing tiles.

Only thing I'm not to sure about is how Twinsen will get in, I figure you hit an invisible wall/trigger on the wharf, then twinsen automatically runs and jumps into the (open) door and sails off :)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 07:07:37 am by .TakaM »

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #36 on: September 21, 2007, 06:49:23 am
One thing, but bushes and trees (well, objects overall) look lighter and more washed out the further away they are, and not the other way (like in your screenshot/mockup).
Also that catamaran looks really awkward with all those perfect angles.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #37 on: September 21, 2007, 07:03:45 am
I know that everything gets lighter the closer it is to the horizon, and I hate to sorta hide behind the style claim, Buuuuut..:
First, Twinsen is hardly a realistic game, all the sprites have little to no shading, there's plenty of unrealistic stuff going on that I've grown to love not only for it's unique look, but the interesting challenges and restrictions they've caused.
Like I said, I know the parallax layers should logically get lighter, but I think that changes the feel too much in a direction I don't want to take it

and you really think the catamaran (design?) looks awkward?
I rather like the boxy style and think it fits in well

Offline Fingerfoods

• Barq's Root Beer is delicious
    • View Profile
    • fingerfoods.tumblr.com

Reply #38 on: September 21, 2007, 01:58:10 pm
I love the catamaran, but I do wonder about the parallax layers.

Still, it's your game and it looks great overall, so do what you want, but I'd at least like to see a screenshot with correct background shading.
Follow my blog!
fingerfoods.tumblr.com

Offline pkmays

• dawn patrole mole
    • View Profile

Reply #39 on: September 21, 2007, 08:42:06 pm
I loved it more in highschool when you were working on an assignment in the "computer lab" and your friend would kick out the power cable.
Naturally you would retaliate and ultimately nobody would ever get anything done.

Freshman year of college our design teacher would do random power plug pulls. At any time, of any day of the week, he could pull out a surge protector and half the class would go out. It was a very effective way to teach us to save early and save often.