AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 298251 times)

Offline Faktablad

• grow
    • View Profile
    • Couchpixel

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #20 on: September 17, 2007, 11:43:27 pm
Probably for the better. If it were up to Scandinavians, he'd probably look more like this:

The barn gnome; short, surly and demands presents on Christmas eve. Bizarro Santa! :D
Beware the Tomten!

Offline Frychiko

• Don't waste garbage here.
    • View Profile

Reply #21 on: September 18, 2007, 06:41:04 am
Pep has largely been MIA for a long while. Last we heard of him in the moderator section of the forum he said he was looking into helping solve the server situation (which was a complicated issue) but whatever he's been doing, he failed to communicate to the rest of the active moderation team through it. So we've been stagnating and answering countless PMs about 'why can't I change my avatar?!'. So after a long while, Ptoing took it upon himself to buy new serverspace, move the db and fix the problems with the forum (Adam helped and is now eating cake). This streamlined the 'chain of command' greatly as now this forum is owned by the same people that run it. This was a good time for a moderator purge from people who were no longer active in those roles, so Pep, Goat and Dan have been demodded.

As to what Pep is up to I really don't know, If he's around he can post and fill you in himself.

Maybe he's RIP? There's been a few pixelation members over the years who have passed away.
Congratulation this story is happy end. Thank you. - Ghost & Goblins

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #22 on: September 18, 2007, 07:04:25 am
Pep has largely been MIA for a long while. Last we heard of him in the moderator section of the forum he said he was looking into helping solve the server situation (which was a complicated issue) but whatever he's been doing, he failed to communicate to the rest of the active moderation team through it. So we've been stagnating and answering countless PMs about 'why can't I change my avatar?!'. So after a long while, Ptoing took it upon himself to buy new serverspace, move the db and fix the problems with the forum (Adam helped and is now eating cake). This streamlined the 'chain of command' greatly as now this forum is owned by the same people that run it. This was a good time for a moderator purge from people who were no longer active in those roles, so Pep, Goat and Dan have been demodded.

As to what Pep is up to I really don't know, If he's around he can post and fill you in himself.

Maybe he's RIP? There's been a few pixelation members over the years who have passed away.

I'm pretty sure that's not the case.
He popped up online like what, 4 times? in 10 months (last time being the other day).
He hasn't given a shit about moderation duties whatsoever. All he has done during the few times he came, was comment on random stuff in the administration forum.
But alas, I guess it doesn't matter anymore.

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #23 on: September 18, 2007, 08:25:53 am
That's Pep, Most of what I remember of him was him always disappearing suddenly for long periods of time, coming back for a quick second, then being gone again.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #24 on: September 18, 2007, 09:26:38 am
Pep hasn't always been like that, he carried Pixelation through a rough patch as head admin and the place owes him for that. But that doesn't excuse not doing the moderating thing as a moderator, so that's that.

Offline snake

• View Profile

Reply #25 on: September 18, 2007, 09:40:27 am
there's an obvious other drink called coke which did - in fact - have cocaine in it (amongst other stuff) when it was first brewed...

And was sold in drugstores as medicine. Also Heroin was developed and sold as a cough medicine at first \o/

So have a lot of things before before they were properly tested. Cornflakes were designed by doctors to reduce sexual activity. Tapeworms were sold in cans and swallowed to reduce weight. To cure boils, you could have a metal tank filled with radioactive material strapped to yourself. Sometimes you didn't really need a reason to market something.

Offline robalan

• View Profile

Reply #26 on: September 18, 2007, 04:22:30 pm
What what?  Snake has an avatar?  *checks to make sure the world hasn't ended*  *reads Forum Move thread and realizes that it was in fact called for*  *thinks about making a new avatar for himself*  *stops emoting*
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 04:25:21 pm by robalan »
Always remember: a preposition is not something you should end a sentence with.

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #27 on: September 19, 2007, 11:11:51 pm
nudity warning
http://www.break.com/index/dick-doodles.html
fun with cartooning

Offline Kosmatushi

• View Profile

Reply #28 on: September 20, 2007, 01:51:54 am
Just seeing that URL makes me think of Superbad Zolthorg.

I always want to say Strongbad when I think of the title of that movie...

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #29 on: September 20, 2007, 02:31:02 am
yay prison break is back :yay:
very cool episode to kick off season 3, fight scene was especially cool
Life without knowledge is death in disguise