AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 298196 times)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #10 on: September 17, 2007, 05:56:26 pm
Pep has largely been MIA for a long while. Last we heard of him in the moderator section of the forum he said he was looking into helping solve the server situation (which was a complicated issue) but whatever he's been doing, he failed to communicate to the rest of the active moderation team through it. So we've been stagnating and answering countless PMs about 'why can't I change my avatar?!'. So after a long while, Ptoing took it upon himself to buy new serverspace, move the db and fix the problems with the forum (Adam helped and is now eating cake). This streamlined the 'chain of command' greatly as now this forum is owned by the same people that run it. This was a good time for a moderator purge from people who were no longer active in those roles, so Pep, Goat and Dan have been demodded.

As to what Pep is up to I really don't know, If he's around he can post and fill you in himself.

Offline Froli

• Dragon Highlord
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: September 17, 2007, 06:12:13 pm
ARGHHHH  :'( Don't you just love it when you are working on some graphics and suddenly there was a power black out. And you realize you didn't save.

Offline Faceless

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: September 17, 2007, 06:41:43 pm
I loved it more in highschool when you were working on an assignment in the "computer lab" and your friend would kick out the power cable.
Naturally you would retaliate and ultimately nobody would ever get anything done.

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #13 on: September 17, 2007, 06:59:55 pm
That is why one of my favorite features in 3dsm is autoback, so many times our projects have been saved by that holy grail of a tool.   Only problem is if you forget to save the scene as and simply save it over the autoback, it will not be there for long.
(Also a reason why I picked up a UPS recently :) )
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #14 on: September 17, 2007, 07:24:20 pm
SCUBA STEVE! Are you still in Minnesota???!!!?! If so, in Stearns?!!?!?!!!1111!11!1 omg omg omg  :o

But yeah, I guess I never thought that Coke actually used the idea of marketing a drug LONG before Cocaine...interesting that if a street name is used, the FDA could care less, but as soon as somebody tries to sell something with the actual drug name, they go hay-wire.  Probably should keep that in mind when I start up my marajuana tea beverage...guess I should just call it Grass.... :hehe:
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #15 on: September 17, 2007, 08:31:58 pm
Speaking of Coca Cola, I guess all you Americans know that it's because of them that Santa Clause looks like he looks.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Arachne

• View Profile
    • Retinal Eclipse

Reply #16 on: September 17, 2007, 08:40:36 pm
Probably for the better. If it were up to Scandinavians, he'd probably look more like this:

The barn gnome; short, surly and demands presents on Christmas eve. Bizarro Santa! :D

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #17 on: September 17, 2007, 10:26:33 pm
I loved it more in highschool when you were working on an assignment in the "computer lab" and your friend would kick out the power cable.
Naturally you would retaliate and ultimately nobody would ever get anything done.
hurray for when my teacher deleted my account, six assignments simultaneously failed  :D :y:
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #18 on: September 17, 2007, 10:45:55 pm
i once hacked a staff acount on my schools system and had some fun... until the technicians noticed some odd behaviour, and i was banned from school computers for a while...

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #19 on: September 17, 2007, 10:48:01 pm
I labeled a cd "trojan_virus.exe" (it just had a few videos for Digital production) and nearly failed the class because of it.

Ironically, we were using mac....
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 07:27:01 pm by Rydin »
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.