AuthorTopic: Official Off-Topic Thread  (Read 298360 times)

Offline baccaman21

• It's critique, don't take it personally.
    • View Profile
    • Linked In

Re: Official Off-Topic Thread

Reply #270 on: October 20, 2007, 11:58:11 am
we've just decided...

Theo Vincent Storm...

That'll do... I think. :D
Buy the book - The Animator's Survival Kit by Richard Williams

www.burnzombieburn.com

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #271 on: October 20, 2007, 05:38:26 pm
I'm surprised your wife's not mad you're spending more time giving detailed specifics on how Game Gear palettes work and providing in-depth critiques than you are spending with the new baby. :P

But seriously, Theo is actually a pretty cool name in my opinion.
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline MrMister

• meltymorph
    • View Profile

Reply #272 on: October 20, 2007, 09:05:11 pm
What aboot when he's in school man? He's gonna have to try pretty hard to be cool with that name.
it might be a one shot deal

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #273 on: October 20, 2007, 09:29:07 pm
Okay he's like, 3 days old, you're planning this out waaayyyy too much. My dad was expecting me to be a jock growing up to be a football player on the Broncos team and man, did that change dramatically, I now draw, play tons of video games, hate jocks and hate all sports except for boxing. Point is: Your kid will probably not turn out the way you imagine him but whatever path he goes on you should support. Also for god's sake name him something decent, like you know, Alex or Ben, yes, those are generic names but who the hell names their kid Theo Vincent Storm(I know I'm being harsh, but if he had that name, he'd be screwed through out high school)?

Now onto more important news:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dw5RUdKOOM
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 09:37:17 pm by bengoshia »

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #274 on: October 20, 2007, 09:55:32 pm
What about 'Maximus Decimus Meridius' as a good name. If it doesn't work out, just homeschool him.  :y: :crazy: :y:

Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline bengo

• View Profile

Reply #275 on: October 20, 2007, 10:00:30 pm
Okay seriously, off-topic isn't off-topic anymore, Baccaman should go make a thread for this so we can continue being off-topic.

Offline pkmays

• dawn patrole mole
    • View Profile

Reply #276 on: October 20, 2007, 10:06:41 pm
Bully: Hey look, it's little TV. What's the ABC movie of the week this time TV? I'll tell you what it is, it's me kicking the crap out of you. It's a rerun from last week.
*punch*
*kick*
*snicker snag*

Better name: Vincent Thunderhammer Storm

Offline DavidCarney

• View Profile

Reply #277 on: October 20, 2007, 10:26:57 pm
Okay he's like, 3 days old, you're planning this out waaayyyy too much. My dad was expecting me to be a jock growing up to be a football player on the Broncos team and man, did that change dramatically, I now draw, play tons of video games, hate jocks and hate all sports except for boxing. Point is: Your kid will probably not turn out the way you imagine him but whatever path he goes on you should support. Also for god's sake name him something decent, like you know, Alex or Ben, yes, those are generic names but who the hell names their kid Theo Vincent Storm(I know I'm being harsh, but if he had that name, he'd be screwed through out high school)?
wow... honestly that's messed up.  You sound like one of those bitter kids who let people pick on him while you were in school.  Do you think a name is gonna affect that at all?  I don't even think this applies, I would kill for a creative name like Theo.  Kinda weird having a 16 year old giving a 36 year old fathering advice...  How is he "planning this out" anyway?

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #278 on: October 20, 2007, 11:45:32 pm
What the hell bengoshia?
I know you've been talked to a lot, and I still don't think you've really considered anything said to you, most of your responses were something like "jeez it's just the internets, relax!"
Just re-read your last two posts in this topic, you're basically telling baccaman how to be a father, that you think the name he chose sucks, that a youtube video is more worthy of discussion, and then to get out and make his own topic.
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline bengo

• View Profile

Reply #279 on: October 21, 2007, 12:02:41 am
Okay okay sorry I got into the subject, name him whatever, that was just my suggestion, I'm just saying if there's gonna be like 2 pages of congrats on him getting a kid, why not have his own thread? By planning it out I mean well, not him specifically, but all of you are like "lulz he shall be a pixel artist". Anyway, internets lol, if baccaman is angry about this, someone that he barely knows thats hundreds of miles away, then I apologize. The whole youtube link more important than baccaman's kid was actually a joke.....
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 12:17:48 am by bengoshia »