AuthorTopic: Balloon fighter scene[uber urgent]  (Read 4076 times)

Offline skeddles

• I love these emoticons.
    • View Profile
    • Skeddles.com

Balloon fighter scene[uber urgent]

on: September 19, 2007, 12:11:02 am
I just realized that im goin' campin' this weekend, so I gotta finish this fast! Please comment!!

A scene from the classic game: Balloon Fight, for NES.
So far, i've just done the grass. How does it look so far?
Should the grass get darker as it goes back?

I'll be updating throughout the week.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 12:37:54 am by skeddles »

Offline rabidbaboy

• Jesus Beam!
    • View Profile

Re: Balloon fighter scene

Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 12:23:16 am
The grass looks more like carpet. Add more blades of it, not just on the edges.
It looks nice how you shaded it though, and the colors look good. The fillers look crappy though, hope that's not what they'll actually look like. ;)
"Baboy" is Filipino for pig.

Offline skeddles

• View Profile
    • Skeddles.com

Re: Balloon fighter scene

Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 11:07:44 pm
The grass looks more like carpet. Add more blades of it, not just on the edges.
It looks nice how you shaded it though, and the colors look good. The fillers look crappy though, hope that's not what they'll actually look like. ;)

Kinda like this? Im gonna start the person soon.

EDIT:
Hows this look? How good is the anatomy? Any suggestions about anything? Please.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 12:26:46 am by skeddles »

Offline philjones

• View Profile

Re: Balloon fighter scene[uber urgent]

Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 02:00:32 am
The stance is very dry.  He should be in a more dynamic pose, ready to leap into the air and float around.  Legs spread apart, arms at the ready, hunched a bit to put a spring in his body.  The stance is in the original game, just look at some screenshots.

The balloons should be more balloon shaped, with a cone shape at the bottom where it hits the string.

I believe rapidbaboy meant more details in the middle of the plane of grass, not just the border.

I really should not encourage your large-fonted exclamations by replying, but ... I am.  Art, however, must not be rushed.  It'll be there when you get back from camping.

Offline skeddles

• View Profile
    • Skeddles.com

Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 02:31:33 am
The stance is very dry.  He should be in a more dynamic pose, ready to leap into the air and float around.  Legs spread apart, arms at the ready, hunched a bit to put a spring in his body.  The stance is in the original game, just look at some screenshots.

I tried for a while, but I just couldn't get it right. I have no clue how he would look in certain poses. I wanted to put his arm up, ready to block him, but it looked really dumb. I also want this piece to come out really good, and I'm more comfortable with standing poses. Maybe with some guidance, I can fix the arms(or arm, I was thinkin his left)

The balloons should be more balloon shaped, with a cone shape at the bottom where it hits the string.

I know, I gave them more of a point at the bottom. I did the roundness on purpose though. I wanted it to be kinda like a weather balloon, big round and tough. [ref].

I believe rapidbaboy meant more details in the middle of the plane of grass, not just the border.

Ya, I just want to put the character in first, so it will come out better.

I really should not encourage your large-fonted exclamations by replying, but ... I am.  Art, however, must not be rushed.  It'll be there when you get back from camping.
\

I know, I really wish I didnt have to rush it, but It's for the pixeljoint weekly challenge, which must be done by monday.

So heres what I got.

I wan't to put his arm up, and make him look up...

EDIT: finished the fish

EDIT2: Lines for the enemy

How does he look?(ill add balloons later.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 04:33:55 am by skeddles »

Offline baccaman21

• It's critique, don't take it personally.
    • View Profile
    • Linked In

Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 10:05:00 am
strictly speaking, as objects and scenery gets further away from the viewer they become lighter and less saturated with colour... not darker... unless it's in a cave, or a dark room - or at night.
Buy the book - The Animator's Survival Kit by Richard Williams

www.burnzombieburn.com