AuthorTopic: Official OT-Creativity Thread 2  (Read 811362 times)

Offline Naso

• ...?
    • View Profile
    • My PixelJoint

Re: Official OT-Creativity Thread 2

Reply #200 on: December 12, 2007, 08:26:34 pm
Mine usually ends at "want to give up".

Cheese Cake -naso

Offline Pan

• View Profile

Reply #201 on: December 13, 2007, 02:14:19 am
Im simply not happy with anything I do, I seem to start off great with any piece but somehow come to a demoralising end feeling like I've just wasted my time.

Don't worry, we all go through that. It's part of being an artist.  :y:

Here's a highly scientific chart explaining this phenomenon:

Awesome. 

Offline AlienQuark

• be triangular
    • View Profile

Reply #202 on: December 14, 2007, 06:49:41 am

In light of junkboy's post, this did not consist of any rollercoaster type emotions while drawing. It was pure luv.

Offline Pan

• View Profile

Reply #203 on: December 14, 2007, 08:52:04 pm

In light of junkboy's post, this did not consist of any rollercoaster type emotions while drawing. It was pure luv.

Amazing piece, if I could put it on my wall, I would. 

Offline Naso

• ...?
    • View Profile
    • My PixelJoint

Reply #204 on: December 14, 2007, 10:25:29 pm

Amazing piece, if I could put it on my wall, I would. 

Indeed, i would to, its very nice. I love really abstract drawings like this one, good job.  ;D :n:

Cheese Cake -naso

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #205 on: December 15, 2007, 04:16:31 am
Eh.. Been a while since I've posted any non pixel things.. so These are two quick sketches I did..just to try and capture a little more realism in my work. Each one took +/- 15 minutes..

Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline Pan

• View Profile

Reply #206 on: December 15, 2007, 04:19:53 pm
Those look really good, Malor.  But the lady's neck seems to be abnormally long.  And the man's right chin/cheek seems to be indented.  Very awesome, though, I love drawings of elderly men. 

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #207 on: December 15, 2007, 05:21:23 pm
I love drawings of elderly men. 

Time to take this completely out of context. :crazy:

Thanks for the complement Pan

Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #208 on: December 28, 2007, 01:35:24 am
Hey this is a sketchy mess, to be pixelled plan.

I've just started today and Im still tweaking with compostion and stuff like that, I started off with a very sketchy image and ive slowly altered parts, added new bits in and basically trying to get it to make sense as an image. I want it to be understood well if you know what I mean.

edit -

Any help with this would be much apprechiated.. Is there anything majorly wrong with the composition, sizing, perspectives, etc before I continue? I know its very messy atm because its built up of sketches and things to fill the gaps in (scanned in and some bits roughly done on photoshop, not being too neat..). the land behind is supposed to have like fires going off and rivers of lava, dead trees, bodies, etc. just a hazardous wasteland. Any suggestions or edits very welcome.

Also I was very unsure whether this deserved its own thread or not as it is not pixelled as of yet, but thats my next stage after some quick advice, anyone shed light on this?  :-\
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 02:11:00 am by Terley »
I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline JonathanOfDrain

• Lonely
    • View Profile
    • TheyWillEat.Us

Reply #209 on: December 28, 2007, 03:04:09 am

edit -
I personally don't like how the guy is holding the sword. I think it'd be better pointed toward the ground. The way he's holding the sword and the way he's standing say two different things. His sword is ready to swipe someone but his body doesn't look like it's up for swinging.. or swiping for that matter. His sword should either be relaxed like he is or maybe he should be more willing to battle. Lower to the ground, two hands on the crazy looking sword. Should probably lose the wings on it. Make a thread for it once your in the pixel stages.