AuthorTopic: Official OT-Creativity Thread 2  (Read 811535 times)

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Re: Official OT-Creativity Thread 2

Reply #180 on: December 10, 2007, 05:20:42 am
the character is an interesting mixture of costume pieces; i have no idea what his background might be.

actually, truth be told, the paint pants and scenester glasses suggest he's one of those AIB kids pretending to be homeless again.

Still, i admire his ability to drink and smoke simultaneously

good use of red.

Taking a real step here posting personal work (which i haven't done before, but im particularly proud of this one) :

Part of a nine-part Series entitled "Metro North," which explores the impressions left by glances out my window while on a train through what is mostly Connecticut.  Exploration of expressivism within representation and aestheticism within abstraction.

edit - forgot to mention Oil on Canvas.  Btw this grey bg is great for sprites, but rediculous for anything else.  so while i appologize for the black matt, i find it necessary...
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 03:09:50 pm by Adarias »
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Seele07

• View Profile

Reply #181 on: December 10, 2007, 11:56:43 am
Hello,

to show you, what i can draw on paper, this thread is created now  :D
you will notice, that there is this strange 'wannabe-pixelart', which i did draw on paper (the ones created inside a grid).
and btw. i really like the 'miniwalker-thing'. the drawings are very old, but i can't do it better today, because i didn't draw very much in the last years  :(

no more words; here they are:

http://freenet-homepage.de/titanwing/bilder/scans/scans.html

Greetings,
Ingo

Edit: this (Thread) post has been moved to the OT-Creativity-Thread...

Edit2: this are my little pets ;)

« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 01:14:50 pm by Seele07 »

Offline Faktablad

• grow
    • View Profile
    • Couchpixel

Reply #182 on: December 10, 2007, 12:57:54 pm
JJ Naas: I like the comic, it's very well drawn in terms of telling a story.  I'm thinking some more realistic facial features would go well with the style you have for everything else.  Some awkward posings with the girl, especially when she's being lifted by the fairy (it's not that easy to hold on to something with one arm when your hand is in that position), but overall it looks great.  Is it going to be colored?

Adarias:  I love it!  I'd like to see the other ones.

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #183 on: December 10, 2007, 10:01:50 pm
Seele, I find your art to be very attractive, and I especially enjoy more coloring. I hope to see more of this in the duture ;D
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline junkboy

• jnkboy
    • jnkboy
    • View Profile

Reply #184 on: December 10, 2007, 11:48:18 pm
Junkboy, those look quite lovely, especially the first one. Imho the last one could be improved a lot with some simple image adjustment. I hope you don't mind me doing a quick Photoshop edit.

The overall temperature felt a bit cool for such strong sunlight, so I did some hue shift, while also shifting the hues on the boy more towards warm, to separate him a little more from the background. I reduced the saturation on the far cliff wall and darkened it a tad, again to separate it from the foreground rock ledge, while also slightly increasing the saturation and brightness of the rest of the image.

I don't mind edits at all, and I totally agree about the separation. I'll photoshop the sucker if I decide to upload it anywhere else. Thanks!

Offline Pan

• View Profile

Reply #185 on: December 11, 2007, 01:33:19 am
My first attempt at a human face.   :yell:

Pretty terrible.  I really wish I could get art lessons. 

http://www.shunya.net/Pictures/Ecuador/TheAndes/Man2.jpg

Offline Faktablad

• grow
    • View Profile
    • Couchpixel

Reply #186 on: December 11, 2007, 02:47:24 am
A new song!

And 7...

Happy beats!

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #187 on: December 11, 2007, 03:00:57 am

I really wish I could get art lessons. 

Nonsense! You can easily "teach" yourself these days thanks to them internets. I find the best way to improve is not from a class it's self, but from the practice gained in said class. Practice can be gained at any time, and can be completely free.. all you need to do is commit time to practice.
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline Pan

• View Profile

Reply #188 on: December 11, 2007, 03:06:50 am

I really wish I could get art lessons. 

Nonsense! You can easily "teach" yourself these days thanks to them internets. I find the best way to improve is not from a class it's self, but from the practice gained in said class. Practice can be gained at any time, and can be completely free.. all you need to do is commit time to practice.

Durrr...  I'm an idiot.  I completely forgot about tutorials and stuff like that.

Thanks for the reminder! 

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #189 on: December 11, 2007, 04:04:11 am
Tutorials aren't so useful.
You should continue doing studies like the picture you posted, but probably wanna limit yourself to contour or value studies (for now) otherwise you're gonna end up sacrificing details for shading or shading for detail, which it looks like you did with the portrait of Man2.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)