AuthorTopic: Official OT-Creativity Thread 2  (Read 811449 times)

Offline Charlieton

• awkward dancer
    • View Profile

Re: Official OT-Creativity Thread 2

Reply #1630 on: December 07, 2012, 10:01:25 pm
Messing around with Manga Studio today, and this is what came out of it. I was worried that it'd be unable to do other art than linework and simple coloring in. Turns out, it has pretty good brush functions, and it was easy enough to paint in a more traditional way.

Haphazard lighting and shading and not that much construction overall. I just drew whatever I felt like. I'm not going to finish it :P

It's just a test subject. But I thought it came out looking pretty funny, and I wanted to share it. :lol:
Det skulle vara lätt för mig att säga att jag inte gillar dig, men det gör jag; tror jag

Offline Argyle

• Futuristic beep boop.
    • argylebox
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/13899.htm
    • valsaurus
    • View Profile
    • ArgyleBox | Designs by Valouria Saurus (VERY OUTDATED)

Reply #1631 on: December 15, 2012, 05:51:00 am
Messing around with Manga Studio today, and this is what came out of it. I was worried that it'd be unable to do other art than linework and simple coloring in. Turns out, it has pretty good brush functions, and it was easy enough to paint in a more traditional way.

Haphazard lighting and shading and not that much construction overall. I just drew whatever I felt like. I'm not going to finish it :P

It's just a test subject. But I thought it came out looking pretty funny, and I wanted to share it. :lol:

And thanks for sharing! I've got Manga Studio but have been too enamored with other projects to really sit down with it, but the times I had spent were only messing around with flat black inking with various brushes. Good to see it fares well with color!

Offline Charlieton

• awkward dancer
    • View Profile

Reply #1632 on: December 15, 2012, 04:35:59 pm
You're welcome! Additionally, I was using the brushes downloadable from here (a lot better examples of more colorful art made in MS on that blog, aswell). You can make your own by using the select tools, somehow. I haven't tried, so I'm not sure how it works yet.
Det skulle vara lätt för mig att säga att jag inte gillar dig, men det gör jag; tror jag

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Artist, Indie Game Dev
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/849.htm
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #1633 on: December 17, 2012, 09:30:05 am
did some quick noodling around tonight...

Offline 0xDB

• Dennis inter-is.
    • dennisbusch_de
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/1287.htm
    • 0xdb
    • View Profile
    • 0xDB

Reply #1634 on: December 27, 2012, 10:42:13 pm
Exploring the colored pencils Santa brought me:

Offline Friend

• View Profile

Reply #1635 on: December 29, 2012, 04:46:02 am
Those are beautiful colors Dennis.  I absolutely love the drawing.  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I thought I'd start trying my hand at music composition.  I don't have any compositional background, but someone on here may still get something out of the pieces I write.  All pieces I write can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/stone-drum
and to musicians on pixelation, all comments are highly regarded  :D

Offline 0xDB

• Dennis inter-is.
    • dennisbusch_de
    • 0xdb
    • View Profile
    • 0xDB

Reply #1636 on: December 30, 2012, 12:57:51 pm
Thanks Friend.

Listened to your music. The Distant Midwinter March and Realignment reminded me of Age Of Wonders, which is a good thing.

I'm no musician myself but I think they could need some refinement. One thing I noticed was that you're using a lot of crooked tones and inside each piece, the transitions from one part to another seem too sudden/abrupt. Maybe there's something like "melody dithering" to smooth it out a bit. Also, I think you're overusing percussion elements and there seem to be too many voices fighting over each other for the ears' attention. Anyway, like I said, I'm no musician and I don't know anything about music composition.

Offline Friend

• View Profile

Reply #1637 on: December 30, 2012, 09:24:18 pm
Thanks Friend.

Listened to your music. The Distant Midwinter March and Realignment reminded me of Age Of Wonders, which is a good thing.

I'm no musician myself but I think they could need some refinement. One thing I noticed was that you're using a lot of crooked tones and inside each piece, the transitions from one part to another seem too sudden/abrupt. Maybe there's something like "melody dithering" to smooth it out a bit. Also, I think you're overusing percussion elements and there seem to be too many voices fighting over each other for the ears' attention. Anyway, like I said, I'm no musician and I don't know anything about music composition.

Thank you for the feedback  :)

Offline 0xDB

• Dennis inter-is.
    • dennisbusch_de
    • 0xdb
    • View Profile
    • 0xDB

Reply #1638 on: December 30, 2012, 10:03:17 pm
Mind wanted to doodle trees again:

Offline Friend

• View Profile

Reply #1639 on: December 31, 2012, 02:01:03 am
wow, 7 and 35 minutes?  They're both beautiful.  There's something about trees.  Everyone just seems to love them, and they seem to personify something, like ancient oracles of nature.  What about a haiku in love of trees?

The Spirit Trees

Forests of wisdom
Ancient oracles of life
Each leaf holds a thought

I might as well share some other haikus

Suspended Mixture

Opalescent sky
A sun's illumination
Red purple blue blend

Emotion Rain

Heaven cries on us
Angrily washes our sins