AuthorTopic: Official OT-Creativity Thread 2  (Read 811403 times)

Offline FrostPumpkin

• View Profile
    • Tumblr

Re: Official OT-Creativity Thread 2

Reply #1600 on: September 29, 2012, 02:58:06 pm

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #1601 on: October 04, 2012, 07:51:16 am

Aight guys, I'm pretty busy lately and in a couple of free hours I made this pic to apply to some iPAD project. Turns out they liked it and I'm speaking with the project guys tomorrow

But I'm not sure I like the image as much as they do :p I fumbled with that face like you woudlnt imagine to make it look like something that wasnt meant to go next to Ecce Homo......and I realized how pathetic my anatomy is.

Would you guys please C&C it? I'm sure lots of stuff sucks about it, but I'd like to hear anatomy crits the most. Plz :p
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 08:06:51 am by Conceit »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #1602 on: October 04, 2012, 08:25:49 pm
Well first of all the head of the prone person is turned at an impossible angle on relation to his shoulders. Second, before we talk any anatomy, I would suggest you render something without any blurry or soft passes. Just draw something (anatomical or not) with say, four values and hard edges and we can talk about that then. Right now in this picture there isn't much anatomy to talk about. The face is pretty good imo, but the hand howlding the knife is invented, and the prone figure is too vague to talk about directly. It feels like a piece of art that is hiding itself and I need something more solid from you before we talk about how to make it better.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #1603 on: October 04, 2012, 09:26:02 pm
well, I did start this from an outline that specified the posture of the knife guy, but it changed almost completely, specially the face.

I dont think I'll be able to make corrections and drawings as you request them here, I might only have an hour or two for each drawing I post.

I can see the thing about the victim's head....Now, that IS partially intentionally hidden because I wasnt told the sex of the victim, so I was trying to not specify it too much...although it's pretty obvious it's wearing pants and has no boobs so I guess I failed :p

I'm seeing how the shoulders of the guy with the knife are all over the place...and yeah that hand is not even on the same plane as the knife is it?

it's good to get crits like this,  I've adopted a bunch of dirty tools in no time in order to keep the deadlines at where I'm working, and I was afraid of doing really bad art and not knowing it....atleast now I know :p

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:28:20 pm by Conceit »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #1604 on: October 05, 2012, 12:56:28 am
I wouldn't call it bad art, it's effective. But if you're focusing on construction and anatomy, you'll have to construct and do anatomy. Right now your sketch is problematic in that the stabbing figure is mid-way inside the ground, unless the victim is elevated on some altar of some sort which you should signify. Furthermore by putting a simple piece of clothing on top of the arm of the stabber, you're avoiding constructing the body underneath it. This is a common issue, this is why construction is important regardless of whether in the end the 90% of the construction will be lost in cloth and darkness.

BTW in the sketch, the angle of the jaw of the victim is better than it is in the end piece.

I would suggest doing thumbnails of these pictures, doing a few variations, thinking creatively on this level, before rendering, and not being afraid to pull photo reference for your work, you won't learn the necessary anatomy in a week, so you'll need 'borrowed strength' from reference.

Offline Grimsane

• View Profile

Reply #1605 on: October 08, 2012, 09:14:07 pm
Wow, you're really diversifying there. Keep it up.

thanks for the encouragement maninsanely late response

some more stuff since then

current project in class (it's an FPS):
in collaboration with a classmate, I did refinement and the high res sculpt ontop of his concept sculpt and these colour experiments, which will be achieved with material shading and emissives textures in UDK, any opinions or feedback on the colours?

the hands and some effects are composited on top of an actual screenshot(in blender) of some environment I have modeled and textured myself

still working on this hand

----

messing around with some GUI design, if i have time will break it all up into scaleable modular elements and make an actual functioning yet simple menu system

bit rough and gradient heavy so far

strange fader unigender animation thingy

been doing far more non-pixel stuff than pixel stuff  :(

becoming surprisingly sufficient in texture generation, all but one of them were not derived from photos, and they seem to cohese well. Diffuse, specular, normal, emissive forming a nice pipeline for them all

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #1606 on: October 09, 2012, 09:16:35 am
A little noodling from life. Acrylic on paper. The resin cast was not perfect when I got it off ebay and over time it has gradually deformed more.

Offline leroy

• Go with the flow
    • View Profile

Reply #1607 on: October 09, 2012, 03:23:28 pm
Noodling? I have not heard of this.  ???

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #1608 on: October 11, 2012, 12:56:33 am
I love your paintings, man.

http://www.guitarworld.com/exclusive-felix-martin-premieres-triangle-song-live-video  This is me playing my 14-string custom guitar. No that's not me. I'm on drums. No that's not me on drums. JUST WATCH IT GEEZE

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #1609 on: October 13, 2012, 12:23:01 am