AuthorTopic: Official OT-Creativity Thread 2  (Read 811430 times)

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Re: Official OT-Creativity Thread 2

Reply #1450 on: July 13, 2011, 11:13:54 am
Indeed, Thrustburst is clean, but some heuristics algos think it is a worm or trojan.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline 0xDB

• Dennis inter-is.
    • dennisbusch_de
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/1287.htm
    • 0xdb
    • View Profile
    • 0xDB

Reply #1451 on: July 13, 2011, 11:58:05 am
Thanks to everyone who responded to the stroke practice question and for sharing your thoughts on that.
-
I've had virus scanners report false alarms sometimes as well, even on .exe files built by myself but only after I had used some executable packer/encrypter like upx. Maybe the antivirus software thinks it's malicious because it detects some code in the packed executable which unpacks other code into memory and runs it from there (which I can see could be seen as a potential threat especially in the case the antivirus software is incapable of unpacking the code itself and of analyzing that new unpacked code instead).

Offline HughSpectrum

• View Profile

Reply #1452 on: July 14, 2011, 12:20:55 am
I didn't want to completely center the picture on the "top" but I did eventually find it beneficial to pan it just a little bit (and I made it "widescreen" since this will be landscape and I didn't think about my canvas size when making a new file).  I instead tried to balance out the picture by toning down the sunlight and it hitting the top.

I want to start making the on-paper version of this soon, though.  I'll apply any future suggestions in an improvised and on the fly manner.

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Artist, Indie Game Dev
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/849.htm
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #1453 on: July 14, 2011, 08:22:26 am
sketched out a nightmarish creature... time for sleep now...

Offline malkomk

• View Profile

Reply #1454 on: July 19, 2011, 11:02:59 pm
Made this with Grafx2 + my mouse. Would like some critique, especially on the proportions & anatomy.

EDIT: I'm aware that the legs are too short & the top body is too long. I'd correct it, but I'm feeling too lazy right now.  :sigh:
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 01:13:18 am by malkomk »

Offline Batzy

• Huzzah....
    • View Profile
    • GameBros

Reply #1455 on: July 20, 2011, 07:25:35 pm
indigo was this your ref: http://www.characterdesigns.com/bandaid/content/artists/136/155/Executioner.jpg x'D nah... only some similarities.. tho pretty similar design

Offline Ai

• finti
    • http://pixeljoint.com/pixels/profile.asp?id=1996
    • finticemo
    • View Profile

Reply #1456 on: July 21, 2011, 03:24:53 am
Made this with Grafx2 + my mouse. Would like some critique, especially on the proportions & anatomy.
Here's a crit: When trying to learn the basics, use tools that are more effective than 'a bar of soap'.
Not to put too fine a point on it, if you are trying to learn basics like proportion and anatomy, you ought to be working with tools that let you draw effectively and quickly, so you can make, spot, and fix mistakes rapidly. If those tools != a tablet + paint program, then it's pencil and paper. A mouse, quite simply, is not a drawing tool.
If you insist on being pessimistic about your own abilities, consider also being pessimistic about the accuracy of that pessimistic judgement.

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Reply #1457 on: July 22, 2011, 01:16:53 pm

Some avatar attempts. The first one is haha serious lumberjack and didn't look like me. The second was too sassy. The third was just right! c:

Offline Batzy

• Huzzah....
    • View Profile
    • GameBros

Reply #1458 on: July 25, 2011, 07:54:10 pm
huzzah... i never ever haven't liked sketching but recently i've been trying to skill up mah general art in order to become better with art overall  :-[
so these may look like their done by a 8 year old kid??? damn i suck  :lol:

cheers....  :)

Offline st0ven

• View Profile
    • spriteart

Reply #1459 on: July 26, 2011, 04:28:28 am
some nice pieces since ive last checked :)

Ive been doodling this off n on for a couple weeks, but admittedly way more off than on. i think i like where its at for what it is so i thought id share it.