AuthorTopic: Official OT-Creativity Thread 2  (Read 811640 times)

Offline Geti

• View Profile

Re: Official OT-Creativity Thread 2

Reply #1520 on: February 07, 2012, 08:02:41 am
treefart:

87 faces, 130 tris. Probably around 240 tris counting double sided geo twice.
128x128 diffuse+alpha.

need to get back into painting :/

Offline SplatPixel

• View Profile

Reply #1521 on: February 09, 2012, 08:50:20 pm
been forever since i came to this site. wish i still knew how to do pixel art, heh. its good to see how a lot of you guys have grown, everyone here is still amazing.

heres a recent character concept i did

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #1522 on: February 10, 2012, 02:48:34 am
Ahh splat pixel, you were a huge inspiration when I was a pixeling youngin'! It looks like you've grown a bit too :] Your anatomy is looking much more sculpted which gives credibility to the slim stylization.

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #1523 on: February 10, 2012, 03:12:46 am
Yeah look at that anat, nice. Oh . . . will my anat ever level up . . .

Love the subtle texturing in the garb, gives a pleasant effect. Very cool outfit concept, on right. Impressed.

Offline alkaline

• may be caustic
    • designflaw
    • awstenn
    • View Profile

Reply #1524 on: February 10, 2012, 10:16:13 am
very nice, splat. the anatomy and rendering looks real slick. he looks a little hoof-footed though, maybe something to do with his right leg's shading or the shape of the feet, dunno. something like that

Offline Jeremy

• howdy
    • pixellerjeremy
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19218.htm
    • pixellerjeremy
    • View Profile

Reply #1525 on: February 13, 2012, 04:03:42 am
Punlarious t shirt design

@SplatPixel: Nice work, I too love the texture overlay. I think the toes are a bit stubby though :P
Also, unrelated, did you pixel the original PBJ Time banana or just the green guy? :o

Offline Argyle

• Futuristic beep boop.
    • argylebox
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/13899.htm
    • valsaurus
    • View Profile
    • ArgyleBox | Designs by Valouria Saurus (VERY OUTDATED)

Reply #1526 on: February 13, 2012, 07:04:03 am
Haha, awesome design, Jeremy. Marx beard is ridiculous.

Trying to find some way to bring this illustration together more cohesively. It's a tattoo design for somebody that will go on the front-facing part of the shoulder and a chain will come from the top of the watch to extend over onto the arm. I'm no tattoo artist, but I want it to convey as a readable graphic with a clean line style. It feels like the clutter of parts blasting out is making it too busy though.

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #1527 on: February 14, 2012, 04:34:43 am
Nice job on the perspective angle of each piece. Do you have a method of using 3D software to get your lines/planes, right?

The heart reminds me of a Zelda heart container, from Ocarina of Time.

Worried about the detail level, and the tattoo blurring too much over time, which they all do, to some degree.

No pin thingy in center of watch face for hands to connect to?

Will this not be colored?

You could add some background effect of some sort. That would help unify things. You could utilize the meaning of Design itself - starbursts.

Also, it all fits a little too conveniently into an obvious square. I would expect a more horizontal/landscape layout, since the watch is springing open to the left. Minimize the watch, mininze the watch face, make the heart bigger (supposed to be the focal point, right?) and also give the heart a little tilt so it's perpendicular with the spring attached to it launching it forward. Some speed lines?

yep

Offline 0xDB

• Dennis inter-is.
    • dennisbusch_de
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/1287.htm
    • 0xdb
    • View Profile
    • 0xDB

Reply #1528 on: February 23, 2012, 08:44:13 pm
Anyone playing Starcraft II around here? I'm currently making a 1V1 melee map. If you play it (most easy way to find it on battle.net is to search for 'oceanic' when starting a custom game //edit: seems the map is only available on the Europe battle.net as maps are region locked to the account of the author (damn)//) I'd like to hear your thoughts about it. Also, if you could send me the replays that would be great.

Of course, since this is an art forum, feedback of any kind concerning the aesthetics of the map are most welcome too though please also keep in mind balance with respect to different races(and their feasible in-game strategies/tactics). I tried to design the map with a variety of different tactics in mind for each race.

Here's an annotated image of the map, so you can think about your strategy before playing it:

« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 03:44:59 pm by Dennis »

Offline Argyle

• Futuristic beep boop.
    • argylebox
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/13899.htm
    • valsaurus
    • View Profile
    • ArgyleBox | Designs by Valouria Saurus (VERY OUTDATED)

Reply #1529 on: February 26, 2012, 04:50:11 am
Nice job on the perspective angle of each piece. Do you have a method of using 3D software to get your lines/planes, right?

The heart reminds me of a Zelda heart container, from Ocarina of Time.

Worried about the detail level, and the tattoo blurring too much over time, which they all do, to some degree.

No pin thingy in center of watch face for hands to connect to?

Will this not be colored?

You could add some background effect of some sort. That would help unify things. You could utilize the meaning of Design itself - starbursts.

Also, it all fits a little too conveniently into an obvious square. I would expect a more horizontal/landscape layout, since the watch is springing open to the left. Minimize the watch, mininze the watch face, make the heart bigger (supposed to be the focal point, right?) and also give the heart a little tilt so it's perpendicular with the spring attached to it launching it forward. Some speed lines?

yep

Thanks for the writeup! You're correct in thinking Zelda heart container.  She asked for a specific version of it, so I just overtraced a version that was close enough to the perspective:

Been busy with side work and home crap so sorry for not addressing the response you so nicely spent time on :D Here's an update:

As for perspective, I just eyeballed it. Later remembered that Illustrator has perspective grids you can customize and toggle so I checked it here and there after drawing it up and was pleased enough with the result.

The squarish-ness about it I knew would be lessened once I added the chain to it. This will extend from the shoulder-ish area onto the arm. Still though, good to make it less contained for the watch section itself, so thanks! I cut down on some clutter a bit, but most tattoo artists that would be worth going to would alter the design for the best interests of translating into a good tattoo so we'll see what they say once it's actually brought in, and alter ourselves before committing to getting it inked if need be.

To start, and maybe even for good, it will not be colored and I wanted to keep that in mind to cut down on overdoing things to allow for room to color it, but still wanted the lines to be well enough to hold their own.

Mockups! (she wanted sizes changed after I showed it plopped down as lineart, wanted the clock to be bigger, heart smaller. Aw well!)

---------

Cool map, Dennis! I have Starcraft II just because I wanted to appreciate it at a slow pace, single player, on easy difficulty because I'm terrible at RTS games. It looks like there's lots of room for different kind of strategy and challenges though. I'd be very worried defending so many openings, haha, but like I said - terrible at RTS games. I get too wrapped up in upkeep of things and stress out too easily :P. On US-Servers, though, so no luck to give it a whirl, sorry!