AuthorTopic: Official OT-Creativity Thread 2  (Read 818694 times)

Offline pistachio

• Mostly lurking
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/125138.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Official OT-Creativity Thread 2

Reply #1370 on: March 24, 2011, 02:20:36 am
Nice, Jad! But yeah, some sfx would REALLY bring it to life. BG music, too.

What is that, pistachio? Avatar on the Mount? Start a thread to get WIP, I'd say. I don't like how there's nothing really drawing main interest. The focal is a guy with his back to us? Feels like a bad angle.

Possibly. :P

I honestly can't say. I just know is it's some man, probably old-ish, probably a leader of sorts, and he's probably going to be addressing a huge crowd. Huge. But not that huge, and thus the size of the mountains may have to be adjusted.

That would be in the General section as it's not exactly pixel art, correct?

Once I get the thread up I might begin experimenting with the composition of the scene and etcetera. Perhaps getting rid of some of the boring/unimportant space to the left of the guy and putting some more on the right, to draw equal attention to him and the crowd. Might be somewhat more exciting, hopefully not too distracting, once it's added in. Excuse my usage of terms in this subject, I don't quite know all of them yet...
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 03:47:28 am by pistachio »

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #1371 on: March 24, 2011, 02:52:30 am
Yeah, toss that thread up if you're serious about following through with such a huge pixel. Vast majority fall victim to delusions of grandeur at the outset of such a big project. Nah, my comments didn't really have anything to do with it being PA.

Offline pistachio

• Mostly lurking
    • View Profile

Reply #1372 on: March 24, 2011, 03:14:29 am
Well let me elaborate. When I said "in general" I meant the General Discussion. As I said it's not really a pixel, more of what they call an oekaki. So at this point I'm just assuming it goes into the General forum. Sorry for the confusion. It was kinda dumb, I know. Will edit.

Don't want to chitchat for too long so a simple Y/N, more or less, should do the trick.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 03:47:12 am by pistachio »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #1373 on: March 24, 2011, 09:38:41 am
Jad, that animation is lovely!

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #1374 on: March 25, 2011, 06:57:14 am
I have two images to show today, one of which was done approximately a year ago, and one that was done only a week ago. I wanted to know if any of you find one more successful in anyway than the other. Let me know what you guys think. The one in charcoal was done over a period of 2 weeks where the other was done over about 3.5 -4

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #1375 on: March 25, 2011, 11:42:17 am
Both show the same rendering prowess. The second is better by virtue of being more finished. The first one has a few shape problems, like on the (her) right breast. I have a feeling you might be misrepresenting the faces a little but it's difficult to tell for sure without photography to compare to. Red image in particular has a bit of 'flatface' going on with the facial features, but it could have been the model.

This is good work and I hope the skills you pick up here carry on to from-imagination work as well.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #1376 on: March 26, 2011, 12:34:37 am
Thanks for the comments Helm, its gone now because of nudity I guess but the first one was actually the most recent. I agree with the flat face on the second but the first one actually had a likeness I was proud of and was pretty true to the model. The finish level was definitely because of the difference in time we had to work on the images.
Imagination work is really a problem for me, I'd like to think I'm getting a little better but the hardest part for me with imagination work is I can't make it look realistic. I can make something well structured, reasonably anatomically believable, but at best it just looks like a drawing from a 3d model.

Offline pistachio

• Mostly lurking
    • View Profile

Reply #1377 on: March 26, 2011, 12:47:53 am
Now, I'm not an expert in anatomy. Nowhere near it when compared to others in this thread, in fact. But I'll give my two cents, hopefully they'll be worth something.

The one in red--the one that's still up, y'know, that you did a while back. I'd agree with Helm that it seems a bit flat faced but from what I remember about the first one you've improved by at least some degree but the lips are still kinda strange.

Arms seem good. Hands, yeah. (Right one might be a bit too bony, though) The thing about the torso, however, is that it seems a bit too wide and/or the shoulders too square. I noticed this after looking at the breasts, those seemed a bit wide too, and somehow flat.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #1378 on: March 26, 2011, 01:56:54 am
Comments appreciated man :] I definitely agree, I think the latest one is at least a little improved when it comes to anatomy, about her lips, they were slightly parted and so I drew them that way- she had very unique lips.
The red one definitely had broad shoulder issues, and overall things were a bit flat. Slight improvements are nice but I have to push myself to do much better than that in an entire year.

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #1379 on: March 29, 2011, 07:54:54 pm
I wanna post a portrait too!!

' _ '