AuthorTopic: Ohmy  (Read 4133 times)

Offline Morganne

• View Profile
    • Morki's deviantart

Ohmy

on: November 15, 2005, 05:11:24 pm
In my absent-minded old age, I forgot this place was even here.. so it was like a special little treat when I found it again!

I don't have too much new work, so I did something for fun this morning:

Ive been spending most of my time between pixelart done at ungodly sizes. I think Im in the middle of about three or four, and Im pretty sure Ill never finish any of them. Ill show you good folk the one Im most proud of anyway:

...I lost the origional file in a horrid and fustrating accident, so Im currently reconstructing it to its former unsplotchy glory... which may take my lifetime.
Look! I can pixel hands!

Offline MadToaster

• View Profile

Re: Ohmy

Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 05:52:55 pm
I like the small one a lot. Really interesting dither patterns. I'm kind've turn on to the idea of experimenting with it now. Nice anatomy on the second one. I'm studying hands right now and I get the impression you've practiced them a lot also.

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 06:13:34 pm
Welcome back Cornstar! :)
Zolthorg warned us you had registered.

Nice pieces you've got there. The first one has nice dithering patterns as mentioned.

The second one is a typical Morganne piece :). Brilliant texturing, though you have to beware not to get lost in details.
Some pointers:

- HER right breast (our left) has weird shading, it should connect more with the highlight above it. Unless you're trying to suggest shadow from the head, in which case the transition from highlight to shadow needs to be harsher. Also, dithering highlights doesn't work for me, makes the breast look grainy.
- The crotch area: I don't know what to make of it, but it doesn't look right to me.
- The neck: too thin, but I bet that's just because it's not done yet
- The hair: very cool. Seems to be lacking hair on the back though, some stray hair from the back should appear in the negative space between the hair and the arm

Offline Rawsushi

• View Profile
    • Terrormisu - The Art of B Rosaschi

Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 06:23:46 pm
Ive been spending most of my time between pixelart done at ungodly sizes. I think Im in the middle of about three or four, and Im pretty sure Ill never finish any of them.

You and me both. The first is good. Like it lots.

The 2nd one is fantastic. Beautiful palette. The form seems pretty good so far. The clothing seems too bright in some areas, and the lightsource becomes a little lost. Don't give up on this one, as it'll make for a fantastic piece.

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 07:34:15 pm
Rather Morki.

I told you I'd comment. I also told you you'd get a more or less warm welcome. So welcome back, princess!

Both those pieces are lovely. I've missed seeing your pixelly stuff with regular intervals. The small one is lovely. It's... I ... I tried to come up with something to say about it, but there's really nothing I can say. It's like it's so uniform in its twistedness that it becomes obvious and natural, somehow.

And the girl is lovely, too. She's got the Morki style, and she's looking awesome.

Once again, welcome back.

Offline PyroPiranha

• "Leading Ninja Authority" - Ninja #2350228
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 03:21:36 pm
Pure beauty.  The dithering work is admirable, in the sense you didn't use the typical  checkerboard patterns, and you did so very well.  The second character reminds me of the Fifth Element babe.  Anyways, keep it up...please.

Offline Dan

• "Haha The Man"
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: November 16, 2005, 03:45:07 pm
Very nice! I'm loving the building and road piece. The woman is coming along fantastically aswel. Not any major crits considering it's still being made. To me the lips look a bit too big like s fish. lol Maybe an area you could revise. Loving the work mate well done.

Thank you,

Dan
That's the way the cookie crumbles. - Do the bug bob.     - Woot!