AuthorTopic: Splatter Sleeves  (Read 17359 times)

Offline Kazuya Mochu

• ^thx Larwick
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio website

Re: Splatter Sleeves

Reply #30 on: November 13, 2005, 11:42:45 pm
i'm not saying you shouldn't give sugestions or even express your personal taste. but you guys where sounding like: "hey da Vinci, you not make gioconda blonde?" :D :D :D

no, seriously. I think critics should be given with the notion that we are critisizing the visual expression of a concept, an idea or message. if its non realistic I think it's pretty much because the artist wanted it to be like so. because I know you guys can tell when some one CAN'T do any thing realistic, and when the CHOSE to do it so.
it's like telling picasso the eyes are too big!
of course SplatPixel is not picasso, but you get the picture.

anwways, dont take me wrong. i'm not trying to offende you guys!!! peace!!!

take care,

Kazuya
Image size doesn't matter! It's what you do with your pixels that counts!

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #31 on: November 14, 2005, 12:47:36 am
I think splatpixel made color choices because he feels thoes are the best. and the size of the head is his choice too. why change it? so it can be the booring same old proportions-correct kind of human drawing? hes past that I'm sure!

If splat was so set on his ideas and ways, I suggest him not to post on pixelopolis. This is a critique-based community, not a showcase board. Or since he has so many fans, he should post and clearly state that his artwork will not be altered and that he doesn't want critique. This has been done by many in the past, hell, sometimes when I'm fed up with a piece I might post it for showcase and make it known that I'm not looking for critique. Since splatpixel doesn't, it's open season. Critiques and suggestions. This is how pixelopolis works.

And I don't suggest you play the 'let the Artist express himself!' thing in this case, because I'm not sure splatpixel can or has ever drawn a tightly realistic representation of a human being.  I'd like to see a few studies, before I can agree with the 'he's past that!' notion you represent. All in all, it's not a great idea to stick up for someone to the point where you suppose what the extent of their skill is for them.

Offline SplatPixel

• View Profile

Reply #32 on: November 14, 2005, 07:02:25 am
whoa whoa whoa.... people arguing on my post again... you guys can crit, comment and make suggestions but the one thing you can't do on my post is argue.

Kazuya Mochu - thanks alot for say that. sometimes it does seem like people want me to change my character into something i wouldn't like. but i'm sure they mean well and if i don't like the suggestion, i don't change it. thanks again for saying that though, that was really cool of you.

Silver - your welcome, damn straight hes a good artist, heh.

Blick - LOL!!!! i know their suggestions. if someone told me to change the character gender...i think i would just redraw the character instead of making him look like a
transvestite. thanks for the edit and laugh. that sprites a keeper.

Helm - very true, i'm always open for suggestion and crits. i have fans? i can do realistic representation of a human being, i even had 2 ready to go til my computer crash. (its was 2 asian girls in bikinis just so you know :D ) you are right that i never submitted one sprite that was realistic. i like to exadurate muscles or give a character some gravity defying hair because it looks more interesting to me. real is so boring.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 02:18:56 am by SplatPixel »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #33 on: November 15, 2005, 12:20:22 am
topic has been split.

http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php?topic=497.0

for further discussion of the abstract.

Offline BoogieManX

• I'm Coming For You
    • View Profile

Reply #34 on: November 15, 2005, 01:24:32 am
i like to exadurate muscles or or give a character some grivity defying hair because it looks more interesting to me. real is so boring.

I agree, it seems to...spruce...up a picture. If you want real, just look around you.

Offline SplatPixel

• View Profile

Reply #35 on: November 15, 2005, 02:34:30 am
sheesh...what have i done. maybe it might be a good idea for me to stop posting here, heh.

Offline Skipper

• I am...
    • View Profile

Reply #36 on: November 15, 2005, 02:39:20 am
Don't be silly.  Just...maybe...change your pieces based on critique.  I don't believe in my time here that I've seen you change any of your pieces.  Just saying.

Offline BoogieManX

• I'm Coming For You
    • View Profile

Reply #37 on: November 15, 2005, 02:48:43 am
splat could just want to get opinions for his next project, to get the view of the publin on his current project so he knows what people like and what people dont. Just an idea...

-=Boogie=-

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Reply #38 on: November 15, 2005, 03:31:31 am
 I agree with Kazuya really. I mean, you should've have read the description of the Pixel Art Forum in the index of pixel tropolis, it said post art for "critiques or comments". All you should know about the pixel art forum are 2 choices: You can post art for fun with the free to not read critiques. You can post art for critiques to learn from them. Of course, it's up to the artist's choice of what he/she wants it to look like. In my opinion, the critiques are just suggestions or tips to help you get better or learn pixel art. You can't just run into force a person to change the their style like make picasso go into draw anime characters. Or force make vincent vangoh into drawing mecha, but he's a classic painter. I second that you get the picture here.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 03:36:18 am by Andy Tran »

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #39 on: November 16, 2005, 06:20:53 am
SPLAT yeah, dont be silly, any time you are mentioned, that is not for you, that is....well mostly for me, because that's a idealization of a member who belives all the things I've said here...so yeah, that's all probably for me :p

except when they mention the actual way you draw things XD

but dont worry, you are mostly unrelated to this discussion