General > General Discussion

Lost for Inspiration

(1/2) > >>

Evan:
So I've been programming a lot lately (since pixelation and pixelerate went down) and I recently figured out allegro. Since then, I've been working on a Pong clone, but I vowed not to make it just another pong clone: I'm making a pong clone with better graphics.

Unfortunately, I'm lost for inspiration. I tried teeth, but that didn't really work, and after looking at it, I didn't really like the idea.

So, I'd hate to ask for ideas, but do any of you have any ideas for what the: paddles, ball, and background should be? If you give me a good idea, I can put you in the source code I guess, even if I don't choose to use it (maybe.)

Or if anyone wanted to make them, that'd be the kick-assiest. Just PM me.

Godslayer:
Ddddyeeerrrmmm... :-X

OK, how bout two pencils as paddles, blocking back and forth words (which are someway significant, such as *plip* or *poing*) that are misspelled!

<_<

>_>

I had to say something...

-Slayer.

mjau:
Okay, here's some ideas off the top of my head ..

* Sponges for paddles (geddit ? sPONGe!  =P) and for the ball, uh.. don't know the english word, but those spiky ball thingies that live in the sea. The sponges has to absorb water regularly (at the top/bottom of the screen), or they'll get destroyed by the spikes.
* Hungry crocodiles for paddles and a frantic swimmer as the ball. The player that last hit the swimmer may control the swimmer slightly (move up/down) to possibly avoid the other crocodile, but has to be careful -- if you hit the other crocodiles mouth the swimmer gets eaten.
* Spaceships as paddles and a bomb as the ball.  The spaceships can shoot to try to hit each other, but if they hit the bomb it explodes and the player that shot it lose.

Peppermint Pig:
A Nature theme? Art Nouveau elements? Japanese painting? Childrens crayon drawing style? Tron? Pinball? Junk (paddle partially wrapped in tinfoil with a marble ball? Scratchy surface, wood joint borders) ? Ideas are everywhere!

Rydin:
You could have, like, hands for paddles, and you could see the arms attachted to them. And the ball could just be anything really. Like a crumpled up piece of paper, or a planet, which would really be cool because you could be like god or something, bouncing earth around in his hands,  and the background could be all spacy and shih. It will be awesome. So awesome I might make that myself. But I guess the idea is for you though, so you go ahead if you like it. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version