AuthorTopic: bayeux tapestry cow  (Read 4276 times)

Offline telecommtubbie

• 'I cut an artery and struck oil. we're rich!'
    • View Profile

bayeux tapestry cow

on: September 12, 2007, 07:29:14 pm
i had this idea a while ago. it's got all original colours from the http://rubens.anu.edu.au/htdocs/bytype/textiles/bayeux/bayeux tapestry and i think i stuck to the formula quit well. (not sure about the head, it looks like a sheep).

edit: i've changed the head as advised and i've animated it (badly), the tapestry is a very basic style, it has lots of lines.

oh, and the reason you don't get my idea is because there wasn't much of one in the first place! :crazy:
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 11:33:06 am by telecommtubbie »
'you can't fool me, that's a water pistol!'
'Ah. But i happen to know you can't swim

Offline Phlox

• huh??? what???
    • View Profile
    • Can Games

Re: bayeux tapestry cow

Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 09:36:42 pm
well first of all get a real picture of a cow

then fix his head and his but cause his head doesn't look like a cows head and his but sticks up in a weird position

then shade and eliminate all of the black outlines
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 10:34:49 pm by Phlox »

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 09:40:06 am
Why should he shade it and remove the outline, since he's basing it on that tepestry that has black outlines
and no shading?

YEah, use a reference for drawing the cow. The gameboy looks alrigth, but the truck could be taller. Can't say that I get what your idea is ....
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline Phlox

• huh??? what???
    • View Profile
    • Can Games

Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 01:19:54 am
i didn't really know if he was shading it or not because he had a change in colors at the neck that was dithered so i wasn't sure if he was shading or not i had just thought he didn't finish the shading

I dont know much about animation tele but his head movement is very weird because his head moves but hisneck below it doesn't and his body doesn't move.  All that moves is the head and it looks like it is squishing into its body.  Also his stomach looks wierd where it meets his front leg and his butt still is wierd because it looks like it is sticking up to far i think you need to use a good refrence and just study it a bit at the parts i mentioned. other than that animation and minor line art issues it looks good so far.

Oh yeah unless this cow has been deuttered then it should have utters or horns because it either is a bull or a cow and cows have utters.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 01:28:01 am by Phlox »

Offline telecommtubbie

• 'I cut an artery and struck oil. we're rich!'
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 10:12:24 am
thanks phlox, you've been very usefull.
i've changed the animation andchanged its butt.

That animation looks like some sort of funky dance.
maybe it is. :crazy:
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 01:05:04 pm by telecommtubbie »
'you can't fool me, that's a water pistol!'
'Ah. But i happen to know you can't swim

Offline Mirre

• Pokémon Trainer
    • View Profile
    • LINNEART

Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 10:35:47 am
That animation looks like some sort of funky dance. When I imagine a cow moving, they fling their tail about a little (to get rid of flies), *are still* toss their head *stand still* and chew... not having any break in the animation makes it look as if the cor is on drugs sort of. Or just bit by a really nasty horsefly.

I like it thoguh, this is a cool idea. Technique-wise this would need tome AA. The black outlines on the cow are very sharp.