AuthorTopic: First pixels in a while  (Read 2341 times)

Offline progFX

• View Profile

First pixels in a while

on: September 13, 2007, 07:19:28 pm
Nothing major or special, haven't pixeled in a long time and so I decided to put some tiles together, thought I would post them before I lost them or misplaced them. The water isn't done yet it just sketched in for ideas basically so don't look to far into that. Also haven't decided what to do with the dirt whether or not to leave it solid or texture it.

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Re: First pixels in a while

Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 10:06:31 pm
I think a minimalist dirt style would fit this good, because I mean, it looks decent how it is already--perhaps a bit dark, but it really gives it an 'earthy' feel, you know? ;)

I like the grass, although it is slightly repetitious, and it seems to just be 'floating' on the dirt at the moment.  If it were my tiles, I'd add roots and such into the dirt, especially if you plan to have trees and stuff, which would not only fix the togetherness problem but also break up the monotony.

The water: I would suggest not dithering the water just yet, because a)water really isn't textured that much, except at the surface maybe, or if it is really grungy water, and b)a thick, flat, saturated body of water, like you've got going already, fits your style.  I wouldn't have the grass be in parts where there is water, but instead, dirt, and then seaweed of varying lengths and depths.

I think on the rock, there's the right chunk--the one that looks like a cheerio--that is lit sorta bad...I would reconsider the lighting there.  The dark hues could be a bit darker maybe as well...looks kinda flat right now.

That should give you some stuff to think about.  :) :y: Now you make sure and post that mock-up when it's ready, you hear?! :mean:
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.