AuthorTopic: Hi all, looking for some help.  (Read 7874 times)

Offline BoogieManX

• I'm Coming For You
    • View Profile

Re: Hi all, looking for some help.

Reply #10 on: November 15, 2005, 08:56:47 pm
looks good, but it looks a little jumpy. Gil's looks really smooth, and yours looks fairly close to it, you just gotta work at it a bit more

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: November 15, 2005, 09:51:50 pm
Sorry, I'll try and use some pictures to show what I was thinking

Basically I see the legs have two major keyframes. One is the left leg at the back max position, right at front max position. The other is right leg at the back max positions, left is at front max positions. I've shown this in the animation I made by having the legs only switch colours. Basically, with the legs I don't really see the middle positions the legs would end up in getting shown. The arms on the other hand you do get to see the middle positions that they would end up in as the frames are not packed together as closely as the legs.

I thought that perhaps this might be what is hurting the arms as well as making them seem jerky.

Also, nice edit, I'd like to see what Gil thinks as it sort of has this skipping feel to me at the moment.

Offline Faceless

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: November 16, 2005, 03:12:21 am
Well at the very least skipping is a massive improvement over weird toy soldier stomping action. :P
I don't think it's worth trying to get quite as large a leap as Gil did with my canvas size... I'm really not willing to redo every frame.
I'm gonna try and apply as many runs from different games to the 1 sprite as I can, hence the request for suitable run references. :p
Don't know how my patience will hold up though.

As for the arms, I see what you're saying, and i'll play with it later, as promised.

Offline Naso

• ...?
    • View Profile
    • My PixelJoint

Reply #13 on: November 16, 2005, 03:31:40 am
Wow very nice faceless like how its coming out so far and yea hope to see what yo do with the arms =)
PS: after your done with goemon you going to do the robot and the other 2?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 03:33:26 am by ..::Naso::.. »

Cheese Cake -naso

Offline Faceless

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: November 17, 2005, 06:46:37 am
Not gonna make the others.
Here's the downwards run animation, I tried to take what crab2 said into account on the arms on this one rather than go straight back to the last.
It has less frames, and I followed the KH run a lot less strictly than I tried to last time.

I think the arms still suffer from the same fault as crab2 ponted out last time, but not quite as badly.
So how'd I do?

Edit:
I probably should've rotated the body a bit ey? Oh well, next update I will.
Might even make that sash's tie flaps bob up and down :P

Quick question about the anim, is this one's legs better or worse?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 01:07:47 pm by Faceless »

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #15 on: November 17, 2005, 06:20:20 pm

I like head bobs, dunno why, it adds some force to it. Not the best edit, but it shows where I would take this...

Offline Faceless

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: November 17, 2005, 07:36:28 pm

(The first one's Gil's btw, I only included it to see his and mine next to the backwards run animation.)

Lol, all these things I had planned to do but never ended up doing...
It was actually my plan to add some body rotation, and bouncing hair, but I completely forgot about it when I came to animating this... and I take it you prefer the 2nd downwards animation's leg set?
I'm not so sure about the extremity of yours' head bob though Gil... It looks nice on its own, but when put next to the backwards run animation it seems to match even less than my one does... :P

Still, I have alot of changes to make. So I'll get working on an update sometime after my Physics exam.