AuthorTopic: 1-Bit Ratman Pointing (Body Proportion)  (Read 2608 times)

Offline Ghearno

• View Profile

1-Bit Ratman Pointing (Body Proportion)

on: July 20, 2020, 07:19:35 pm

Hello there, I need another fresh pair of eyes. I'm trying to figure out if I have the "correct" body proportions on the sprite or not. :(

Offline fskn

• View Profile

Re: 1-Bit Ratman Pointing (Body Proportion)

Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 07:19:01 am
You copied the address for the imgur page, not the address for the image.

Here it is:

You don't need to post a scaled up image, the forum has a feature that allows you to zoom in if you click on it (shift+click to zoom out, alt+click to reset). It also makes it easier for people to paint over it, otherwise they have to scale it down.

As for correct proportions... It depends. Are you looking to make it like he has the classic academic human-like proportions of 8 heads in height? Doesn't look like that, but your proportions seem fine to me.

Offline Ghearno

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: July 22, 2020, 01:03:02 pm
You copied the address for the imgur page, not the address for the image.

Here it is:

You don't need to post a scaled up image, the forum has a feature that allows you to zoom in if you click on it (shift+click to zoom out, alt+click to reset). It also makes it easier for people to paint over it, otherwise they have to scale it down.

As for correct proportions... It depends. Are you looking to make it like he has the classic academic human-like proportions of 8 heads in height? Doesn't look like that, but your proportions seem fine to me.

Ah I see, I had a bad feeling when I was trying to post my image. (Btw, I'm using the Pixly app on my phone and exporting images from Pixly to Imgur to here is a technical puzzle I'm trying to figure out. Otherwise, I need to find an alternative Imgur site. Sorry about the deleted image, still figuring this out:(  )

Neat, I didn't know this site had that feature. Noted

Oh, I'm not going towards human anatomy just yet, but thank you for helping me out. :D

Offline fskn

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 02:04:20 pm
Ah I see, I had a bad feeling when I was trying to post my image. (Btw, I'm using the Pixly app on my phone and exporting images from Pixly to Imgur to here is a technical puzzle I'm trying to figure out. Otherwise, I need to find an alternative Imgur site. Sorry about the deleted image, still figuring this out:(  )
Imgur is fine. In fact, here on Pixelation it is the preferred website to have your images uploaded onto. I use it all the time.

I don't remember how you do it on a phone, but uploading there from a computer (or simply pasting the image, which does the same) allows you to get a link to post into forums. If you hover the image, a button for a dropdown menu shows up, and there you click on "Get share links", then copy the "BBCode (Forums)" code. There's probably an alternative to do that on a phone, probably even an easier way.

Anyways, I look forward to your next posts!

Offline Ghearno

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: July 22, 2020, 05:35:33 pm
So if you want post your images from Imgur on your phone, do this:

1. Go to your imgur app (which they probably will force you to download) and upload your image.

2. Go to your gallery, click on the share icon (it looks like molecules) and copy the url of that image. For some reason, there is no other links besides the url of that image.

3. Depending on the browser, you might need to look around for your app settings/menu to enable some functions. For Google chrome, paste the imgur url, load into the site, click on the menu button (three dots), search for the desktop site option and enable it.

4. At this point, you should be able to access the BBcode and the other links when hovering on the image.     

:ouch: Hopefully, there is a better and easier way than this method.

Anyways, thank you for listening again.