AuthorTopic: Weapons (wip)  (Read 3507 times)

Offline Alucard

• View Profile

Weapons (wip)

on: September 08, 2007, 06:25:52 pm

Some weapons for a small game project.

I need help with the wooden hammer!

Offline JonathanOfDrain

• Lonely
    • View Profile
    • TheyWillEat.Us

Re: Weapons (wip)

Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 07:22:57 pm
That hammer looks like a flat slab of wood. I think it should look a bit like a cylinder. I like the design of the shovel sword. I think it should attached more like a sword or shovel. It kind of looks like it's glue on the end of a stick.

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 01:35:51 am
Did some tweaking myself. Yeah I agree with Johnathan with the hammer there, looks like a flat piece of wood with a hammer shape to it. I added depth to it, as you can see from here. I've also made shadows for the shadows of your swords too. Don't be afraid to make shadows for the shadows. Especially for cubes, polygons, etc. Overall, very nice sprites you have done for such a small project like this. I am impressed :).

Here's my example:

Offline Alucard

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 03:16:18 am
Thanks for the edit Andy I got a much better feel for shading on the items.

The sprite style was originally from philjones from awhile ago when I needed up on how to make weapons look "sharper" and I must say he was right.  ;D

I'll post an updated image of the current items along with some new ones later tonight or tomorrow.

Offline Alucard

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 02:59:45 am
Sorry about the late update but I got Metroid Prime 3 and I'm really liking it.  :P

All weapons have been updated a little along with a new hammer and I'm making a hatchet now as well.