AuthorTopic: [WIP] Shaak Ti  (Read 3407 times)

Offline reecki

• View Profile

[WIP] Shaak Ti

on: August 30, 2007, 08:50:10 pm
Hi first time poster. I haven't been pixeling for that long. I'm currently working on a character which is Shaak Ti from Star Wars. I'm using these as requirements 16 color palette, 48x72 pixels. What I am trying to create is SNK movement.I'm having trouble making the character flow more fluidly. Also I am using photoshop. If you have any comments and critics they are welcome. Thanks.

More Shaak Ti gifs are on my photobucket account. http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee45/reecki/

« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 09:52:40 pm by reecki »

Offline madPXL

• PXL Crow
    • View Profile
    • madpxl.com

Re: [WIP] Shaak Ti

Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 01:26:11 pm
are you sure that you used 16 colors on your character...
and an advice : don't use photoshop to create pixels, but other softs like Promotion, Graphics gales to organise colors palettes...

Offline HMC

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 01:59:29 pm
Her whole head looks like a color reduction. :\

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 02:00:08 pm
To make it more smooth I'd start again, just work on the black outline first. Try switching to using Graphics Gale because I find its good for animation. Think about what the main frames should look like. Also make movements (like lightsaber rotation) more evenly spaced out (ie. rotate at a constant rate, not jerky). Right now the poses seem strange. Why does he/she need to duck when pulling out the lightsaber. Using cut and paste for animation can work out badly.
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline reecki

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 07:05:21 pm
Sorry guys for the late reply. Thank you MaDsk8tard and sharprm for the various programs, I'm a newbie. I'm working with Graphics gale and the interface is more enjoyable then photoshop. As for the 16 color palette I had the trouble of the image being to big and I resized it down, not a good thing.:-[ To my mistake the colors mixed in photoshop. HMC yes I had trouble finding a side view of the head and used this picture.

I'll redo the palette and outline. Yes I did Cut and paste animation, oops I screwed up, I'll take your advice and scrap the images and come back with just an outline. Thanks you guys for your critic.