AuthorTopic: Need help with this  (Read 3565 times)

Offline gamefrnzy

• View Profile

Need help with this

on: September 07, 2007, 12:07:48 pm
Here is about the first real picture I have started.
Im lost on what to do with the grass and water.
Anyone have any tips?

Offline BlueCheer

• View Profile

Re: Need help with this

Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 12:47:25 pm
Make more grass looking stuff not just completely 1 color of green like more darker spots like you have up there.

Offline JonathanOfDrain

• Lonely
    • View Profile
    • TheyWillEat.Us

Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 07:50:19 pm
I'm guessing this is the wild, I guess that means it's got wild grass. Grass that hasn't been cut down, maybe grazed on. Just something to think about. I think the lighting on the mountains is a bit wrong. Look a mountains grouped like this in real life. images.google.com :D

Offline Phlox

• huh??? what???
    • View Profile
    • Can Games

Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 08:21:36 pm
the mountains are definitly too smooth and they are all the same shape.  mountains don't look exactly the same they have different characteristics to them like how the rock is shapes and formed.
Also did you use a reference image? if not i suggest searching on google for a good mountain lake picture like the one your drawing.  If you did use a reference image post it it will help you get better critiques because we know what your basing it off of.

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 09:55:34 pm
Looks good for starting out your bgs :). You should remove the black outlines. They are good for seperating one part for each other, yet they aren't suitable for bgs. Use a dark color of the base color's to outline it.

Offline JJ Naas

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart page

Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 09:22:11 am
The composition is a bit tight.. the mountain tops nearly touching the top of the picture, the tiny patch of the grass in the foreground create an uneasy feeling. To fix that I made a quick edit:

I also made one of the mountains taller than the others to serve as a central point of attention.