AuthorTopic: Pinwheel dreamin'  (Read 11024 times)

Offline alkaline

• may be caustic
    • designflaw
    • awstenn
    • View Profile

Re: Pinwheel dreamin'

Reply #20 on: September 06, 2007, 04:46:44 pm
I usually try to avoid the one dot/two dot outline by adding AA, but it's doable.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 04:48:21 pm by alkaline »

Offline baccaman21

• It's critique, don't take it personally.
    • View Profile
    • Linked In

Reply #21 on: September 06, 2007, 04:58:44 pm
I'd be carefull with how you go about shading that pillow...  :D :lol: 

Buy the book - The Animator's Survival Kit by Richard Williams

www.burnzombieburn.com

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #22 on: September 06, 2007, 05:23:39 pm
I think an extra frame on the tail would be a good idea. There is a sort of stylisticality (lmao) to just having the 2 though.. but bleh.

Reallly cute! CATarrPILLAOW.

Offline Jericho

• View Profile
    • AppleLoaf Valley

Reply #23 on: September 06, 2007, 05:49:17 pm
I'd be carefull with how you go about shading that pillow...  :D :lol: 

xD har har har

I think an extra frame on the tail would be a good idea. There is a sort of stylisticality (lmao) to just having the 2 though.. but bleh.

Reallly cute! CATarrPILLAOW.

is that even a word?? hahaha

----

update:

still need to fix jaggies

Alice is dead. We cut off her head.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #24 on: September 06, 2007, 05:53:53 pm
actually the spotlight on the kitty head that gives it a circular lighting cannot also apply on its little body like that, unless we're talking two different spotlights. The head should keep most of the body in shadow, actually, and what's not in shadow should not be shaded spotlight-like but ambient-reflections-like because it has no direct pov to the lightsource.

I think.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #25 on: September 06, 2007, 08:00:18 pm
main thing that's throwing me off is the pin wheel, you've got it jumping forward an extra 90 degrees in some frames.
it's proportions look a bit inconsistent as it spins, a little tough to perfect, but worth the extra effort.

I too would suggest some extra frames of detail for his breathing/tail etc
here's the old mario sleeping scene from SM2 (couldn't find the snes/gba remake version animated)

it's animated pretty nicely for a NES game, a little organically, not just moving lines up and down
and maybe have it's ear twitch? my cats do that usually
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 08:01:58 pm by .TakaM »
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #26 on: September 06, 2007, 10:58:54 pm
you've so got to put the cat dreaming its running somwhere in the animation - i love when my cats do that!

Offline Akira

• Heheheh
    • View Profile

Reply #27 on: September 07, 2007, 04:27:39 am
actually the spotlight on the kitty head that gives it a circular lighting cannot also apply on its little body like that, unless we're talking two different spotlights. The head should keep most of the body in shadow, actually, and what's not in shadow should not be shaded spotlight-like but ambient-reflections-like because it has no direct pov to the lightsource.

I think.

artistic license can also apply to lighting. i'd say that if the head were to keep the body in shadow the image wouldn't be so interesting to look at. it may even be confusing to the eye.
thanks Dogmeat!

Offline JonathanOfDrain

• Lonely
    • View Profile
    • TheyWillEat.Us

Reply #28 on: September 07, 2007, 07:57:37 pm

I think.

artistic license can also apply to lighting. i'd say that if the head were to keep the body in shadow the image wouldn't be so interesting to look at. it may even be confusing to the eye.

I think the body shouldn't be interesting, it's not a focal point. Focal points are the Head, tail and pinwheel. Maybe the bell collar (make it jiggle, it'd be cute). Jericho, I love you but I think you need to throw some shadow onto the cat's body.