AuthorTopic: Mockup Frenzy #2: Ninjas!  (Read 68176 times)

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Re: Mockup Frenzy #2: Ninjas!

Reply #10 on: September 06, 2007, 03:18:48 pm
I don't think that's allowed KAT. The consensus here is that we feel artists should try work from the ground up, despite there SUPPOSED poor ability. It's ok to reference from professional, or other sprites(though I'd never consider mk professional...blegh), it's just that when a person does this for a certain amount of time, they develop bad styling habits that turn out very hard to drop in their later years. I don't think you'll be disqualified, but instead, I just think that your current piece won't be accepted into the competition.

good luck with your other future ninja piece!
my back hurts...

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #11 on: September 06, 2007, 03:34:55 pm
Yeah, if nothing else, especially since you are just copying the lines anyways, I would at least copy better source art!!

Offline infinity+1

• the real deal
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: September 06, 2007, 04:52:09 pm
i should really be working on finishing up my robot, but i thought somebody should really work on skateboarding ninjas.
this is all i have so far. i can't decide if i like the smaller sprite or the bigger one...

Offline AlienQuark

• be triangular
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: September 06, 2007, 06:39:05 pm

Quark, make that game, nao.

Only if I get help from other interested people who feel like giving me a hand in some way (any takers? ;))

Updated :)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 11:13:08 pm by AlienQuark »

Offline KittiKatt

• I'm a pretty girl.... I'm a preeettyyy girl...
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: September 07, 2007, 12:11:49 am
I'd love to help... but... I don't know how to code anything beyond PHP and I'm a highly inexperienced artist. :P

Other than that, I'm your girl! :D

Oh, one crit, too.
The books that aren't in the light should be shaded darker, but you probably know that. :P

Offline Valmanway

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: September 07, 2007, 03:02:35 am
First post, yay  :D
Hello Everyone.

Early WIP and uberly cluttered

I've planned to do a traditional Platformer Mockup in which you play as NONAMEYETSORRY:(, the Ninja-Dog,
fighting against evil cat-pirates who infiltrated his motherland and captured his beloved friend Poodelina and her precious Golden Dog Biscuit. (to rule the world, I guess..)
Well yeah, thats what I had in mind..
~( 3>

Offline CroM

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: September 07, 2007, 03:33:43 am
Hi guys,

as a long time lurker, I finally decided to join the pixelation fun. I sure can learn a lot from the members around here.

so here`s my wip for the ninja mockup. basically just a shinobi style clone, jump`n run while slicing enemies...no real backstory yet
there are way to many similar colours which i have to clean up, the lighting doesnt feel right, so i hope you guys can point me to the right direction.

thx for c&c

CroM

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Reply #17 on: September 07, 2007, 06:01:07 am
I've planned to do a traditional Platformer Mockup in which you play as NONAMEYETSORRY:(, the Ninja-Dog,
fighting against evil cat-pirates who infiltrated his motherland and captured his beloved friend Poodelina and her precious Golden Dog Biscuit. (to rule the world, I guess..)
Well yeah, thats what I had in mind..

Cool. Though it would seem more in line with each species that the cats were agile silent ninjas (who hate water), and the dogs were swashbuckling pilferers of the high seas (with their buried treasure). Just throwing ideas out there.

@CroM: Lookin pretty sweet! Is that a naked women in the silhouette? Awesome! tree in the background looks unbalanced (branch gets thicker towards its end). Background in general seems too crisp and flat, if it's meant to be misty then you'll need more sort of gradients to show where the mist is thicker (towards the ground) I think.

Offline KAT

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: September 07, 2007, 03:31:33 pm
OK, this is my new lineart:

Is it good? Please comment ;)

Offline KittiKatt

• I'm a pretty girl.... I'm a preeettyyy girl...
    • View Profile

Reply #19 on: September 07, 2007, 04:25:07 pm
Might give this a try... I have an idea that might work.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 03:30:57 am by KittiKatt »