AuthorTopic: A newbs WIP  (Read 4861 times)

Offline 100%Polyester

• View Profile

A newbs WIP

on: November 13, 2005, 09:28:56 am
Hello all, I've finially got around perusing these forums again, hopefully I'll become more active :P  Well Here's my latest Pixel work

7 Colours, The Pumpkin Head Lineart by Ireland

I'm pretty happy with it so far, but am really needing comments before I go any further with it. 

Heres Some other things that i've Finished with (don't really look it though :P...I'm generally too slack to fnish things properly):

C&C appreciated :)

Offline NyanNyanKoneko

• View Profile
    • Playing With Yarn

Re: A newbs WIP

Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 10:37:14 am
I wouldn't call your work newbish at all!  In fact, it's really impressive!

Offline Coner

• Jing & Jang
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 08:21:59 pm
That pumkin guy is really cool! you have choosen nice colours. and the shading is very good

keep up the good work :D

cya around

Offline Helix

• H-Box
    • View Profile
    • H-Box

Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 08:54:21 pm
I wouldn't call your work newbish at all!  In fact, it's really impressive!

I have to agree!

Definately not a newb atall. I love the style of dithering on the pumpkin head and the Super Man guy is kinda cool.

Nice work dude!
H-Box

Offline MadToaster

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 07:21:18 am
Nice effort so far. I like your approach to showing the roundness of everything. I think you could improve the look of both by giving the limbs a more swooshy appearance. The pumpkin guy's elbows seem pointy and makes the arms sharp and segmented.  The superman guy's left arm could benefit from similar changes too. I'd make the upper part of the arm shorter and the fore arm a little longer.  Have a look at your arm in a mirror in that pose to see what I'm talking about.

Offline Dan

• "Haha The Man"
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 05:12:08 pm
Hey! I love the pumpkin man! The superman is good but it does actually look like he has breasts. Expreiment with the shading to develop more of a peck like chest. ;) Loving the colours alot reminds me a bit of Help :S Anyway, nice one dude!

Thank you,

Dan
That's the way the cookie crumbles. - Do the bug bob.     - Woot!

Offline Radioactivity

• rawr
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 06:04:39 pm
The pumpkin guy's colors seem bleached, I think they need to be more vibrant, same with the superman.
The design of both I like, just the color choices could be better.

edit: nevermind, opened it in photoshop and the colors are fine, must be this browser making it look too light =/

Offline 100%Polyester

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: November 15, 2005, 05:59:12 am
Thankyou for the replies everyone.  I won't bother updating either the tree or the superman (too bored with them), but I will take to mind any crits you leave for them in the future.   Hopefully the Pumpkin man's Update is better.

What I changed: Toned down his sharp Elbows, Removed crappy shadow on his neck area, Re did the chain on the chainsaw and cleaned up some slightly jagged lines.

MadToaster: Thanks for the critique, not sure what you were meaning when you said swooshy, but I did tone down his elbows.  Heh, I didn't even notice the absurd proportions of the Superman's arms, thanks I'll keep it in mind for later.

Dan: They do hint at breasts now I bother to look at it properly :P, thanks for the critique

BTW, does anyone have any idea on making a decent looking shadow on his neck area without adding colours to the palette?  I tried with fairly crappy results :P