AuthorTopic: Training sprite  (Read 7375 times)

Offline yueprofile

• View Profile

Re: Training sprite

Reply #10 on: September 04, 2007, 04:05:27 am
Why was it used : Often this is very hard to guess, so I will give you the answer.  Red is a very strong, warm color, so I used it in the outlines to make the characters rise in front .....

thx a lot. very helpfule, I wish you can give more tips like this

I also love the one where you used the framework to help with isometric animation. great technique
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 06:07:03 am by yueprofile »

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: September 04, 2007, 11:17:24 pm
Well, this doesn't really prove much, you'd have to post a WIP or something...... I steal think it's ripped. :-\

Please assume some goodwill here, you're just ruining the mood with these kind of comments :< Pixelation is about helping people making art, right? Not about lynching them.

Try to just assume that it's not stolen and try to post real critique, if he wasn't capable of making the original sprite himself, he won't have the skills to efficiently pull through with the advice either, THEN is the time to come with accusations.

So Sabata, good luck with it all, will be posting critique when it's not in the middle of the night :]
' _ '

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #12 on: September 04, 2007, 11:30:56 pm
Well, this doesn't really prove much, you'd have to post a WIP or something...... I steal think it's ripped. :-\

If you don't see a moderator doing something about your omg rip!!1 cries, it's probably a safe bet they don't agree with you and you should drop it ASAP.

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: September 05, 2007, 12:07:00 am
Sabata, I did a bit of an edit, the main thing is color conservation, so thats why it looks a little grayer but yeah, you know, it's a bit hard to do:

It was a mistake of mine to accuse you of ripping, but it did look alot like Adarias' sprites, which is what you intended but still.

Jad, have you seen mods when they even have a hint of thinking something is stolen(http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php?topic=4808, not trying to get on Adam's case, just the most recent one I could find)? Don't accuse me as the bad guy ruining everyone's fun here, so what about Feron? Why not talk about him? Doesn't seem fair to me but hey, just come and yell at me, it's not like I've had a crappy week or anything. Seems to me Jad, like that comment you made was completely unnecessary, a last minute thing, feeling like I needed to be taught a lesson, because you know, I'm 5 years old. Maybe you're right though, maybe we should just throw comments at him first, then realize he stole the material and the good 5-10 minutes on that post will have gone to waste.

Helm, honestly, what do you want from me? Like I've said, you mods freak out whenever theres even a hint of ripping, I'm surprised you didn't jump right on this topic about that, to be quite honest(Woo, internet, serious business). Hell man, it wasn't just me, Feron thought it was an edit too(I bet at first glance you thought so aswell, maybe even Adarias the same), so really, why am I the one getting bagged on for this? Like with Jad, your comment was completely unnecessary and your own team of mods have been harsher with less evidence(Nothing compared to my so-called "cries"). Mods have been wrong aswell, for instance, remember the KOF rip no one noticed until the guy posted it a second time and someone finally noticed, don't even think it was a mod(You also deleted our comments, feeling like you had to have the final say with your corny post, forgot what it was, but it was pretty corny, thats another story though, if you wanna talk about that, we'll do so in the OT board).

Now everyone, stop talking about this, if you really want to, we'll take this in the board where it belongs, the OT board, not here. I'm not a big fan of having arguments on topics where a person wants help.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 12:40:50 am by bengoshia »

Offline 1st

• Noet
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: September 05, 2007, 06:31:27 pm
Loved it so was doing this ^_^ 
Max 300; characters remaining: 266

Offline Sabata

• View Profile
    • TownsLife

Reply #15 on: September 05, 2007, 08:51:14 pm
Bengoshia, thank you for the edit, I especially liked the leg shading.
I usually have problems on shading gray/black colors so any tips will be welcome.

Hey 1st, I like the scretch looks almost like my character :)