AuthorTopic: [feedback needed] 3d mercedes opinions  (Read 2552 times)

Offline miarapixelart

• View Profile

[feedback needed] 3d mercedes opinions

on: July 02, 2020, 06:21:50 am
what do you think of this 3d model shape , referance included.
need opinion about the shape
(didn't do too much shading or anything yet)

second version

third
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 01:11:29 pm by miarapixelart »

Offline Chonky Pixel

• tequila_ben
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/187855.htm
    • https://www.facebook.com/chonkypixel/?modal=admin_todo_tour
    • View Profile
    • Chonky Pixel

Re: [feedback needed] 3d mercedes opinions

Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 12:45:22 pm
Hi,

is there anything in particular you want help with or opinions on? I could give some feedback on fine detail work, or on use of line and shape, or the overall shape of the car, but you mention that you're early in the process.

So:

Do you want to recreate this car exactly, or make something like it? Are you happy with your lines and outlines, and your overall shape? And is there a specific reason you decided to post it here?

I'd like to help, I just don't want to waste your time and mine. :)

Offline miarapixelart

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 01:11:03 pm
Hi,

is there anything in particular you want help with or opinions on? I could give some feedback on fine detail work, or on use of line and shape, or the overall shape of the car, but you mention that you're early in the process.

So:

Do you want to recreate this car exactly, or make something like it? Are you happy with your lines and outlines, and your overall shape? And is there a specific reason you decided to post it here?

I'd like to help, I just don't want to waste your time and mine. :)

just the shape please
i like the third one, just wondering if im missing somthing

Offline Chonky Pixel

• tequila_ben
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/187855.htm
    • https://www.facebook.com/chonkypixel/?modal=admin_todo_tour
    • View Profile
    • Chonky Pixel

Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 05:32:05 pm
Throw me a bone. Which bits do you know are rough and will be fixed up later? What about the "shape" do you want feedback on? How much it matches the ref, or whether it looks like a car?

Offline miarapixelart

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 06:39:11 pm
Throw me a bone. Which bits do you know are rough and will be fixed up later? What about the "shape" do you want feedback on? How much it matches the ref, or whether it looks like a car?

the colors and shading will be fixed, i am not sure if the shape of the car is good.

Offline fskn

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: July 03, 2020, 09:25:41 pm
The curve of the roof is too tall and narrow, should be lower and broader. The back could probably go up a bit.
The tail lights should curve down, not up. The side of the front lights should be closer to the front tire. The gap in between them, narrower.
The door handles should be higher up.
That black thingie near the front tire should be wider. Compare that to the width of the door handles.
The lateral curve of the car as seen from the front goes out, then in, then slightly out a bit. I'd paint that with the lighter gray to reinforce that. And the bottom lines of the doors should follow that.
Also, I wouldn't use black for those lines, as it's way too dark and creates too strong a separation.

The hood of the car bulges up a bit and could probably use some definition to accent those ridges.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 09:36:44 pm by fskn »