AuthorTopic: [Help][Wip] Shading/Dithering ... (GUY) - now bird  (Read 10725 times)

Offline Genadinio

• View Profile

Re: [Help][Wip] Shading/Dithering ... (GUY)

Reply #10 on: August 30, 2007, 11:42:33 am
Oki .. Thx.... I will start to colour now :P

About photos... first i found in internet : http://apple.qoody.ru/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/mac-vs-pc.jpg
And what i am woking on now its my old photo :P :     http://www.Crazystuff.net.ru/old.png ( resized)( photo is bad but i tink pose is nice ..  :)                                     

Offline baccaman21

• It's critique, don't take it personally.
    • View Profile
    • Linked In

Reply #11 on: August 30, 2007, 11:50:44 am
I know you've said you didn't want help with the outline but with shading. But in order for it to be convincing you have to start off in the correct way.

I always say the best way to illustrate form (which is what shading is) is to understand the structure from the inside out.

To become adept at drawing figures you need to begin underneath and work out from there... i.e. skeleton > muscles > clothing.
I'm not suggesting you need to have a doctorate in anatomy, just an understanding, the more you do the better you get.

What I see here is obviously a trace from some other source which is fine and fair as a beginning way to create pictures but you won't learn fully how to construct form using this method and ultimately it will restrict and limit what you can create by copying from photo's or other peoples work.

This line art you have here is SURFACE form, what I'm seeing is clothing, there's an underlying structure for sure, but in order to push this on and create the shading you require you need to SEE the underlying form, more importantly understand it and how it relates to the way cloth hangs and so on on top of it.

The classic mistake in other words.
Buy the book - The Animator's Survival Kit by Richard Williams

www.burnzombieburn.com

Offline Genadinio

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: August 30, 2007, 12:18:46 pm
Thank you baccaman i am just a begginer  but I will work hard...

Small Update

Another Update ... Plz say what is alredy wrong :P
Updated again... Plz tell me what is wrong ???
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 04:21:54 pm by Genadinio »

Offline Genadinio

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: August 31, 2007, 12:10:16 pm
Sorry for 2nd. post but.. people please help me i cant finish without help :)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #14 on: August 31, 2007, 12:11:15 pm
Sorry for 2nd. post but.. people please help me i cant finish without help :)

You can start by not tracing outlines from photographs, but doing what baccaman suggests, working from the foundation.

Offline Genadinio

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: August 31, 2007, 03:21:23 pm
I will not  trace outlines from photos when i will know how to shade normal  :-[

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #16 on: August 31, 2007, 03:23:48 pm
I will not  trace outlines from photos when i will know how to shade normal  :-[

Whats the point in knowing to how to shade "normal" if everything your gonna be shading looks badly formed and has shit anatomy?

START WITH THE BASICS DO NOT TRY AND RUN BEFORE YOU CAN WALK!

Offline JonathanOfDrain

• Lonely
    • View Profile
    • TheyWillEat.Us

Reply #17 on: August 31, 2007, 03:37:45 pm
That's like saying you'll stop robbing banks once you're rich.

Anywhoot, personally my six-pack isn't so obvious through my shirts, maybe with those wet white t-shirts I store in ziplocs. I think you need to establish a light source, top left looks like a nice place to put the sun. I think for a tight t-shirt it's not very form fitting. His left arm (our right) should be separated from the body a bit more... or at least a bit.
Also the dithering it kind of unneeded right now. Just getting the lighting right should take priority, try just putting the colors up like you were on the awesome abs. OH! Is this supposed to be one of those space shirts that have abs painted on them?
Quote from: Feron
I'd take this advice, as a baby I often times tried running before I could walk. I have a nice scar on the back off my neck to prove it's bad to attempt running.

Offline Androk

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: August 31, 2007, 03:54:23 pm
Quote from: Feron
I'd take this advice, as a baby I often times tried running before I could walk. I have a nice scar on the back off my neck to prove it's bad to attempt running.
I could climb before I could stand!

That being said, I know it's hard to believe but most of the time people on these forums do have your best interest in mind. When majority of them agree that you need to learn basic skeletal structures, muscle volume etc, chances are that's something you REALLY have to learn. On the bright side such learning can be easily accomplished by looking in the mirror, and seeing how different shapes are highlighted under different light, or by studying references etc. Google is your friend in this. You can also look at an abundunce of tutorials whichyou can find in tools and links thread on general forums, or by once again googling it.
She's not guarding right now, she's just holding a thing to pass along to her husband warrior and then go do the dishes and change the diapers on the snake-babies.

Offline Phlox

• huh??? what???
    • View Profile
    • Can Games

Reply #19 on: August 31, 2007, 04:26:00 pm
I posted two links above awhile ago in this thread but you seemed to have just skiped over them. :yell: i think both of them could help you a great deal.

Here is that link again: http://pixelchallenge.com/index.php?id=4

Now look at it. that website has alot of good tutorials also

(Feron is absolutly right dont try to run befor you can walk)