AuthorTopic: little art of my character  (Read 4174 times)

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

little art of my character

on: November 13, 2005, 04:11:44 am
16 colors including transparency, im liking it alot. in total it took 175 minutes to do. lol

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Artist, Indie Game Dev
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/849.htm
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Re: little art of my character

Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 09:07:13 am
i personally dont mind CG art being posted here, but when you color reduce a CG image and purposely make it appear as you pixeled it by adding a little color pallette - thats gone too far.  there so much evidence in this image that proves this; such as the red spots in the hair to the very much blurred outlines of things in some areas.  Also the blueish tint in the red turban thing also suggests color reduction - same with the unorthadox dithering.

anyway - like i said - i have no problem with people posting CG for the sake of posting CG...but thats just low to try to fool the pixel public

Since I am not in a position to do anything about this; nor am i in a position to say any more than my oppion (and without flaming) - i will leave this for proper authority to take care of
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 09:10:05 am by Indigo »

Offline BoogieManX

• I'm Coming For You
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 03:47:41 pm
I agree Indigo...it looks like he could have pixeled a little bit of it, but overall it looks like he just blurred it, etc. Nice try Ryumaru, but maybe you should actually try pixeling something instead of editing a premade picture.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 04:33:29 pm
im not going to argue about this, but i really did pixel it. if you want me to i could post a cg i did do of this hcaracter that uses the same lineart as this. teh unorthadox dithering: random dithering just by using the pencil tool over the place. the red in the hair bangs,thought it made it look more like strands of hair but i guess im wrong. and the ugly blue and green colors in the hair was my sad attempt at a sort of ambient light look. open it up in a program and youll definitely see faults in my aa and other tecqniques.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #4 on: November 13, 2005, 04:51:29 pm
This doesn't belong here.