AuthorTopic: how to select outline  (Read 2711 times)

Offline miarapixelart

• View Profile

how to select outline

on: June 26, 2020, 03:19:37 am
if i want to change color of the entire hair outline, is there any trick? i saw streamers change entire outline in 1  click woithout effecting other body parts
i am using aseprite
thanks

« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 08:28:03 am by miarapixelart »

Offline SeDiceBisonte

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/209146.htm
    • View Profile

Re: how to select outline

Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 07:50:33 am
It depends on the program you're using, but in Photoshop you can use the fill tool and set it to non-contiguous fill (i.e. it will change every instance of that colour in the image). Make sure the tolerance is set to 0 so that it only affects the exact colour you want to change and then just click on a pixel in the outline.

If the colour appears anywhere else in the image then you'd also have to select the area you want to change with the marquee tool first (in this instance you could draw a box round the head) so that it only affects that part of it.

My guess is that most modern software will have an analogous approach.

(I'm still using CS5 so the exact layout won't be the same anymore, but Adobe programs are pretty intuitive)

Offline miarapixelart

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 08:27:24 am
It depends on the program you're using, but in Photoshop you can use the fill tool and set it to non-contiguous fill (i.e. it will change every instance of that colour in the image). Make sure the tolerance is set to 0 so that it only affects the exact colour you want to change and then just click on a pixel in the outline.

If the colour appears anywhere else in the image then you'd also have to select the area you want to change with the marquee tool first (in this instance you could draw a box round the head) so that it only affects that part of it.

My guess is that most modern software will have an analogous approach.

(I'm still using CS5 so the exact layout won't be the same anymore, but Adobe programs are pretty intuitive)

sorry i forgot to mention, aseprite

Offline Boraka

• LunaBulnes
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: June 26, 2020, 08:35:18 am
You can uncheck the continous option too in Aseprite when using the paint bucket tool:

Offline miarapixelart

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: June 26, 2020, 09:16:15 am
You can uncheck the continous option too in Aseprite when using the paint bucket tool:

omg u just saved me so much time
thank u so much
do u know any more tips like that?

Offline Limes

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: June 26, 2020, 01:53:11 pm
I usually just change it 1 pixel at a time.
GraphicsGale