AuthorTopic: Xion M. Night's Blazing Campaign Trail of "Wheeee!"  (Read 7320 times)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Xion M. Night's Blazing Campaign Trail of "Wheeee!"

on: November 12, 2005, 09:40:13 pm
Alright, I'm running. Various issues that I'd like to address.

For the activities, I would like to see both more serious and more lighthearted ones, the more serious ones being made up of Commercial Critiques, contests, serious art lessons, and other such stuffs, whereas the lighthearted ones would be activities that newbs and people with or without confidence in their skills could simply pick up and participate in, like community collabs, fads, weekly funstuffs, and simple tutorials. Of course, there would be no definite or official seperations between activity types, but more of these things would be nice to see.

For the "drama" that NyanNyan brings up, I believe that a healthy debate isn't so bad every once in a while, but if the debate/drama is likely to become pointless, overly flambuoyant, or create animosity in the community, then it should be resolved or exterminated ASAP, if not immediately.

About me:
I've been pixelling for a couple years now and Pixelation has helped me to interminable ends. I would like to now help others like this community has helped me, and, though I still have much to learn, I shall try my best to live up to my duty.
*Sheds a single tear*
(I feel a song coming on...)

O', Pixelation, pixelnation how I see your glo-ow
Yea, Pixelnation, Pixelation, now I see you gro-ow!

And pixelation, how I know you've helped me so, (I know)
And pixelation, how I hated to see you go. (see you go)

But after months of searching, I found you a-gain,
So now I know we'll be together 'till the end.

Yea, Pixelation though you've change your name,
Yea, I know that through and through you're the same!

O', Pixelation, Pixelnation how I see your glo-ow
Yea, Pixelnation, Pixelation, now I see you soooo!
 :o

Ok, I'm done.

Yeah, I know the colorssuck, but feel free to fix them for me. ;)

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Re: Xion M. Night's Blazing Campaign Trail of "Wheeee!"

Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 11:23:22 pm
I'll vote for you, but only if you promise to stop singing ;)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 01:14:11 am
Alright, I'll stop.
 :'(

Hey, people, come on! Ask me something! Doubt me, question me, argue, what-have-you! I'm the only campaign thread with just one reply - well actually two including this one. Seriously, how am I supposed to gain support if no one comments on my ideas?

Offline robalan

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 03:31:44 am
I couldn't agree more about it sucking to not have replies in one's campaign thread.  So I'll ask you some questions, and give you some comments, and hopefully spark the same kind of discussion that has propagated others' campaigns.

I know that you have been with Pixelation for quite a while; I think you joined up a couple of months before I did (which is a while ago, now that I think about it...).  In that time, I have seen you as a very mature, active member with a propensity for leadership and a helpful attitude.  You are definitely in the top tier on my list of leadership candidates.  I wish you good luck in garnering more support.

I do have a couple of questions, though:
    -What is your opinion on art critiquing practices?  Do you think that current critiques are sufficient?  If not, how will you help encourage better c+c?
    -What are some of your specific ideas for activities?
    -How accessible are you if people want to contact you with ideas, comments, or complaints?
    -What is your opinion on graphical vs text smilies?
    -Who is your favorite Muppet?

I hope your campaign is successful; you have always been one of my favorite people on the boards.  Oh, and now my campaign thread is the least active :-P
Always remember: a preposition is not something you should end a sentence with.

Offline NyanNyanKoneko

• View Profile
    • Playing With Yarn

Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 04:21:35 am
I believe all the canidates will be holding a debate soon.   ;D  That will give you plenty to write about.   ;D

I hope you do well in your campaign, and good luck!

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #5 on: November 19, 2005, 02:17:22 am
Yay! Replies! Alrighty, then - on to the questions.
 - - -At the moment, I don't see too much of a lack in critiques, either in content or number. However, I think it would encourage members to post more useful things to help newbs if we were to have some kind of rewards like a member of the month. It would be awarded to the person who makes the most useful posts that actually help someone improve their skills, or perhaps just the person who makes the most positive changes to the community. Really, if people still seek FP in the OT, then this should be even more coveted.

- - -Personally, I enjoyed the "Pixel a piece based on music" challenge in the forum of olde, that was one of my favorites. But of course to keep the challenges fresh, how about taking a screencap from a 2d game and then repixelling it as a scene, or pixelling a 3d game into what you think it should look like in 2d, or another limited pallete challenge, or taking a quote from a book and then pixelling what comes to mind to see everyone's different interpretations of the same words. Another community collab, perhaps. The possiblilities are endless, and, in a moment, I'll have come up with five more.

- - -I'm on Pixelation for most of the day on most weekends, but if not, I'll usually drop in for a few moments each day to check up on new posts and such. Then there's always Email. Unfortunately I don't have an IM Program ATM.

- - -They both do the job, it just gets a bit annoying when the Graphical ones are overused.

- - -Gonzo.

Thanks alot, Robalan! :D :-) ;D :-D
Thanks guys.

Edit: Oh yeah, I would really really like to see some kind of gallery feature implemented into this site. All great art, of course, eventually falls off the page, but it would be nice to propagate pixel art just by coming here and showing them some examples of just what can be done. Or if you saw some picture that you really liked but forgot to save it, instead of rummaging through all these threads, you could just *poof* it onto your screen. Or maybe if you just want to show off or present your improvement to the world... Of course the gallery would be only for finished pieces that the person has already recieved and applied crits to...
...Yeah...
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 05:37:50 pm by Xion Night »

Offline Scuba Steve

• View Profile
    • Incredible Baron

Reply #6 on: November 20, 2005, 01:12:51 am
Voting is for losers.
Glub Glub!

Offline robalan

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: November 21, 2005, 05:07:56 am
No problem.  I agree with you on the answers to all of your questions; I think there are enough comments, but some of them are helpfuller than others, there are lots of activities that can be done, graphical smilies can be annoying, and Gonzo is my favorite Muppet.  Again, good luck in your campaign; you'll be getting a vote from me at least.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #8 on: November 21, 2005, 06:38:13 am
Yay! Someone is bannering me in their sig!
Thanks robalan. Too bad you dropped out of the running, Id've supported you.

Offline robalan

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: November 21, 2005, 01:58:43 pm
Meh, I'll run again next election.  I feel that I should be a more active member before running.