AuthorTopic: Scott Pilgrim Fan Game  (Read 43318 times)

Offline Ben2theEdge

• I'ma drink mah coffee!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Gallery

Re: Fan Game

Reply #10 on: August 30, 2007, 02:42:53 am

Updated based on Zoggle's advice.
I mild from suffer dislexia.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #11 on: August 30, 2007, 02:54:30 am
Eh? The hair moving forward is strange. It's like it's leading the head. I mean, the physics behind that just make no sense. Unless there's a slight breeze. But in that case the hair would be more steadily/erratically blowing.
And his eyes, is he angry or surprised?

And am I the only one that's never heard of this "Scott Pilgrim?"

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Reply #12 on: August 30, 2007, 04:58:33 am
Your character designs look korean or chinese style cartoons. I really like it. You can add some color beneath the pupils like I've done here to give them liquidy eyes. Here's an edit I did.   

Offline JJ Naas

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart page

Reply #13 on: August 30, 2007, 07:10:41 am
Your character designs look korean or chinese style cartoons. I really like it. You can add some color beneath the pupils like I've done here to give them liquidy eyes. Here's an edit I did.   

That's all  very well, but considering this is a fan game the design should be loyal to the original character design.

Although some water colour concept art pieces have shown Scott with brown eyes, the fully black pupils are the best option in terms of recognizability.

Offline Ben2theEdge

• I'ma drink mah coffee!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Gallery

Reply #14 on: August 30, 2007, 01:22:19 pm
Eh? The hair moving forward is strange. It's like it's leading the head. I mean, the physics behind that just make no sense. Unless there's a slight breeze. But in that case the hair would be more steadily/erratically blowing.

I see what you mean - this is what happens when I draw when I'm half asleep, haha! I'll fix it when I get home tonight.

JJ, good reference pic. I probably should have posted one to begin with so people would know what I was aiming for.

And am I the only one that's never heard of this "Scott Pilgrim?"

It's basically a romantic comedy adventure series, set in a world that's like ours except with video game logic. So Amazon.com delivery people use subspace highways, fallen foes turn into loose change, and any useable object comes with bonus skill points. Every pixel artist should read it ;)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 04:21:49 pm by Ben2theEdge »

Offline JonathanOfDrain

• Lonely
    • View Profile
    • TheyWillEat.Us

Re: Scott Pilgrim Fan Game

Reply #15 on: September 02, 2007, 06:00:53 pm
I think this comic as a game would have some breaking of the 4th wall comedy. Or at least power-ups wouldn't have to be explained, not until volume 3 at least.
As for the eyes I think they look ok, maybe play around with some AA. if any color I'd go with brown. Are you going to make the rest of Sex Bob-Omb? How about the 7 evil ex-boyfriends. We really only know a little about a few of them. Anywhoot, I love what I'm seeing so far and would love to see more.

Offline Ben2theEdge

• I'ma drink mah coffee!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Gallery

Reply #16 on: September 10, 2007, 04:52:12 pm
I think this comic as a game would have some breaking of the 4th wall comedy. Or at least power-ups wouldn't have to be explained, not until volume 3 at least.
As for the eyes I think they look ok, maybe play around with some AA. if any color I'd go with brown. Are you going to make the rest of Sex Bob-Omb? How about the 7 evil ex-boyfriends. We really only know a little about a few of them. Anywhoot, I love what I'm seeing so far and would love to see more.

Sex Bob-Omb will definitely figure heavily into the game's plot. I'm avoiding anything to do with the evil ex-boyfriends though - I don't want to make up any kind of fan fiction that will interfere with the official story arc. Consequently this is going to be a side-story, not an adaptation or continuation of the comics.

The punching combo is mostly done now, minus some details...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 04:53:44 pm by Ben2theEdge »

Offline Faceless

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: September 10, 2007, 05:33:53 pm
I really like the uppercut, but the hair is much too static on the other frames.
His off-hand also seems to shrink during the the uppercut.

Perhaps those are the details you mentioned though.

Offline robotacon

• robotacon
    • View Profile
    • It Got Dark

Reply #18 on: September 10, 2007, 07:29:43 pm
His off-hand also seems to shrink during the the uppercut.

Correction, his punching hand grows, which is totally awesome!
I can't wait to see where this lands.

I'm sure Mal will get a kick out of this when he hears about it.

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #19 on: September 11, 2007, 01:04:26 am
Correction, his punching hand grows, which is totally awesome!

Actually, faceless meant his other hand.

Personally i don't mind it, i think it helps add to the depth, since he's moving his hand away from the 'camera'.
I'm not so worried about the hair's lack of animation as his leg's lack of animation, while punching. It's late at night so i won't get up and start referencing what i do when i punch but i think there should be something going on down there. Lol.
Loving the sprites and animations ben. Keep up the great work :D