AuthorTopic: Scott Pilgrim Fan Game  (Read 43203 times)

Offline Ben2theEdge

• I'ma drink mah coffee!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Gallery

Scott Pilgrim Fan Game

on: August 27, 2007, 01:35:08 am
Characters for another project I've been kicking around in my head.

Style should probably give away what genre I'm going for.
And if you know who these characters are, you get a high five.

[EDIT] For those of you who don't know who Scott Pilgrim is he has a website: http://www.scottpilgrim.com
Or you can check out a free sample comic: http://www.newsarama.com/Oni/FREESP/FCBDFSP.html
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 07:46:21 pm by Ben2theEdge »
I mild from suffer dislexia.

Offline JJ Naas

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart page

Re: Fan Game

Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 07:05:18 am
Scott Pilgrim and Ramona Flowers?

Awesome looking sprites. Is that a fight stance? If you're working on a Scott Pilgrim fight game then I totally wanna test it. :)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 07:09:43 am by JJ Naas »

Offline robotacon

• robotacon
    • View Profile
    • It Got Dark

Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 07:37:36 am
Incredible that no one has thought about this yet.
The sprites look great.
SEX BOB-OMB!!!

Offline Ben2theEdge

• I'ma drink mah coffee!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Gallery

Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 02:14:34 pm
Scott Pilgrim and Ramona Flowers?

Awesome looking sprites. Is that a fight stance? If you're working on a Scott Pilgrim fight game then I totally wanna test it. :)

Yeah it's gonna be like River City Ransom with some elements of Super Mario 2 (like subspace doors) and some music and dating game elements. I'll keep you in mind when I'm looking for testers, if it gets that far ;)

Offline JJ Naas

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart page

Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 03:17:42 pm
Yey! I wonder what Canadian River City Ransom'll look like. Lot's of snow, hopefully. ;) Is it gonna be possible to play with Knives Chau?

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 03:39:04 pm
I give to thee my soul.

A scott pilgrim game, with these sprites, would own the shit out of everything. EVERYTHING. @ w@ So beautiful!!

Gah, I need to give crits and stuff :( I can't come up with shit, the simple style works so well. Animate!!!!!!!11

Maybe darken the grey shade on his pants a bit, it clashes but a bit with the highlight.

Actually, his arm stance is a bit wonky. There probably is some good way to fix that. Try posing yourself and find the coolest pose and then try to convey it into the sprite.

Ya, that's kind of it. Are you going to do everything yourself or stuff? I'd be up for helping you if I wasn't a talentless lazy bum <3
' _ '

Offline Ben2theEdge

• I'ma drink mah coffee!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Gallery

Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 03:06:15 am

Now with the magic of "ANIMATION"! Hopefully I addressed the issues with his arms too.

As far as doing all the work myself, I've been assuming I would have to, but it seems fitting since it's a fan game that multiple people contribute if they want to. Things are still very early along though - I'm still writing the design doc and everything.

Offline Zoggles

• Conjuring stuff
    • View Profile
    • Mini Wizard Studios

Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 08:15:29 am
I think it would be nicer if the arms were out of sync with each other.. at the moment it almost looks like a sexual thrust.

I did a very quick edit to show what I meant.

A little hair movement and possible twist of the fists would add to it nicely too i.m.o.

-Z-

Sorry if I don't seem to ever comment on your posts, but anything hosted on imageshack or most image hosting web sites is blocked from China. If I can't see it I can't therefore comment on it :(

Offline JonathanOfDrain

• Lonely
    • View Profile
    • TheyWillEat.Us

Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 06:21:28 pm
I think the idle animation should be more back and forth instead of up and down. Some blinking and exclamatory BARF!!s are wanted.
I agree with what zoggles said/edited. Looks like he's ready for a fight instead of a nice humping session with Ramona. I'm a big fan of Scott Pilgrim, so thanks for doing this. You best give him his sweet jacket for a winter fighter.

Any plans on making some swinging guitar attacks? That's be stellar.

Offline Ben2theEdge

• I'ma drink mah coffee!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Gallery

Reply #9 on: August 29, 2007, 06:33:07 pm
I like Zoggles' edit a lot.

No guitar swinging attacks but there will totally be some Space Channel 5-style standoffs like at the end of the first volume. I'm thinking about having special moves in the form of summons too, including Sex Bob-omb, Crash n' the Boys and the Vegan Police. Still not sure about how that will work... music/guitars will definitely be a key part of the gameplay though.

Man I'm excited to see so many scott pilgrim fans around here! I'll have to start a production diary or something.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 06:35:31 pm by Ben2theEdge »