AuthorTopic: Logo Practice  (Read 2854 times)

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Logo Practice

on: August 26, 2007, 05:56:12 pm
 This is something I did yesterday to keep me busy while eating dinner on the computer. I decided to make a pixel version of a logo from a community I joined.

Offline Zoggles

• Conjuring stuff
    • View Profile
    • Mini Wizard Studios

Re: Logo Practice

Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 02:47:39 pm
At first glance I wasn't sure if that was BBoyOrc or BBoyOrg - the latter making more sense of course. However, I feel something needs to be done to the G (or possibly C) to make it a little more obvious. As for the character his left (our right) arm seems a little too long. His elbow looks as if it would be at his waist if his arm hung straight down. Perhaps a little more contrast on his clothing too - but that might just be my laptop screen.

-Z-

Sorry if I don't seem to ever comment on your posts, but anything hosted on imageshack or most image hosting web sites is blocked from China. If I can't see it I can't therefore comment on it :(

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Re: Logo Practice

Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 01:56:11 pm
I'd make the legs longer and make the head have a few more pixels at the back. The second B needs the top left part to be in line with the bottom left part. Also, follow their lineup
more for the  first 'o', else it looks more like an 'a'.
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi