AuthorTopic: Small Alex Hanson-White/Pixelaro collab  (Read 3608 times)

Offline pixelaro

• View Profile

Small Alex Hanson-White/Pixelaro collab

on: November 12, 2005, 08:45:30 pm
A small collab where each of us made an 48x48 lineart of a creature and then the other one colored it. Think the end results turned out rather good.. even if part of the fun in the challenge is to se if the other one understands the lineart, and colors it the way it was intended or not. :) Not really sure if i managed just that hehe. Anyway heres the pixels. ;)

My line art:

His coloring:

His lineart:

My coloring:
:::....

Offline BoogieManX

• I'm Coming For You
    • View Profile

Re: Small Alex Hanson-White/Pixelaro collab

Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 10:04:46 pm
nice pics. Even though they are small, they have very good detail.

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 10:48:24 pm
coolio, did a nice coloring job pixelaro.
Only thing that seems off is the claws, their color doesnt blend into his arms, so they seem a bit odd, like as if he is wearing gloves..
I like the bumpy head :)

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 12:37:22 am
Nice stuff. Alex's colour job kind of reminds of this elephant snout monster I saw on his site. Had a shovel or something. I love the way you strike a balance between detail and form, Alex. You're not afraid of flat areas with little detail, but you can still push the details in other places without creating an imbalance that makes it look like their completely different styles. It's something I've really liked when looking at your landscapes or tilesets.

I'd like to second what Alex is saying about the claws, seems like a good idea. Just a suggestion here, but It would be interesting to see the contrast between the ocean and the sand cut down and more dithering between them. I'm thinking this so that the foreground and background would merge and almost seem like one. Maybe it would add to that merky, you don't know how far anything is underwater effect.

BTW, is that a belt on the octopus? Didn't notice it at first but it looks cool. Good job on fitting it in and all the little things on the tentacles.

Offline Neoriceisgood

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 10:11:46 am
What do you mean, I want to do one to?