AuthorTopic: Tremulant's big, lumpy dump  (Read 4875 times)

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

Tremulant's big, lumpy dump

on: August 25, 2007, 04:10:51 pm
Well, it's been a while since I've posted anything to say the least, so I thought I'd best remedy that... for... some reason. Anyway, being that I'm still gripped firmly in the clutches of a rather extended creative slump, I thought I'd post all the (semi-) presentable stuff from my now very-populated "pixels" folder. There are a lot of images in the following post so if anyone's on dial up or whatever... be forewarned.

My most recent thing. I couldn't think of a way to finish it, which is kind of what prompted me to do a dump post:

Dinosaurs:

Demons:

Dragons:

Super heroes:

People:

Pokemon (unfinished and unentered from the PJ pokemon challenge. Trainer from pixelation's trainer challenge, also unposted):

Skullmen:

Some random stuff:

Mockups:

Another incomplete PJ challenge entry:

There's more to come, no doubt, as I still have about 30 or so megs of crap to sift through. I forget what all's in it, though, so chances are most of it is either truly, purely trash, or I've already posted it, in which case I won't repost it here. Anyway, feedback would be really nice, as always. Some of these, I probably won't touch again, but crits, comment, etc... all will be useful somehow, at some point, and some of these I'm more than willing to complete, so... hoorah!

Oh yeah, and... much of this was done at work, on computers with poorly calibrated monitors (which I'm not able to re-calibrate). If colours are washed out, poorly contrasted, or just plain ugly, let me know and I'll see if I can't fix them up when I'm at home.

Update: Last one in the 'random' section.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 06:18:50 pm by Tremulant »

Offline Drake

• View Profile

Re: Tremulant's big, lumpy dump

Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 04:30:12 pm
Wow dude. I'd love to se you finish the Carnage and Venom Fight ;D

Hehe love the bear in the car as well  ;D

Offline 8bitty

• poop
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 05:28:52 pm
amazing dump, trem..

love everything.. esp the pokemon stuff (i bought a pack today!) for old times sake.

:y:

Offline progFX

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 08:49:50 pm
I completely underestimated you, this work is extremely top notch, The dragon and Blue dinosour remind me of Moon's work with the well put together mix of AA and dithering really really good job on those, however this is by far my favorite:

Awesome work man.

- Matt

Offline BlueCheer

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 07:08:55 am
That small Green dinasour looks uber awsomeful :D any way i think you should give this guy fingers (picture below)

http://h1.ripway.com/tremulant/dump/disland.PNG

Offline Elrinth

• Hello peeps
    • View Profile
    • Elrinth's personal webpage

Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 11:18:39 am
top notch art dude! I love the skullmen and the mockups. so kewl goblins or whatever they are :) are you going to make more stuff for that "game"?
currently it looks rather thin on graphical content, same as the bahamas one ;)
also in the random stuff, is that Crono from Chrono Tigger? :D his arm, face, and sword looks strange. good work nevertheless!  :D
"Truly, if there's evil out there, it lies within the heart of mankind!" - Edward D. Morrison
Mai fav games: Seiken Densetsu, Rockman, Doom, Final Fantasy, Zelda no Densetsu, Metroid, Kid Icarus
Fav consoles: Sharp Twin Fami, Super Nintendo Jr., Wintendo Gamecube

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 11:49:07 pm
Oh my gawd. The ketchup bottle. It is my favorite. For always.

I love how nothing seems to look the same in respect to the design of the character and especially in their poses. You choose a lot of different subjects for your art, and you create them just as well as any of your other pieces. And I envy you for that D:

Offline rabidbaboy

• Jesus Beam!
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007, 10:49:15 am
Wow.

I really like the poor hotdog, the green dragon(you've made it as though it could exist, you know, with the muscles and all), the evil Chocobo, and that CarnageVSVenom is looking epic (finish it!).

That thing beside the hotdogVSketchup is also great, design-wise and execution-wise. I just wish it were a more active pose, instead of a passive one. But it's great nonetheless, would make for an awesome 3D model, imo.

On the most recent one, I think you should dither the darkest green shade on his belly, as it seems weirdly detached since the highlights are well-blended (I've always loved your dithering, been zooming in on most of your works), while the dark green is a solid color. Also, the hilt(handle?) of the sword should cast a bit of a shadow on his hand.

All in all, one of the best dumps. ;)
"Baboy" is Filipino for pig.