AuthorTopic: My work (Some old + new)  (Read 3823 times)

Offline Eviler

• View Profile

My work (Some old + new)

on: August 22, 2007, 12:44:51 pm
Just wanted to post some work here, since people told me there are some great artists on here.

A little about me:

I'm Eviler, 17 years old and I've been pixeling for about 2 - 3 years.
I concentrate on little icons (32 x 32)
I choose the pink background because it's very easy to view the icons on.

My work:

Offline Eviler

• View Profile

Re: My work (Some old + new)

Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 09:04:56 am
No comment?

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 09:09:08 am
Please don't bump your threads if you aren't adding more art :).
A lot of them don't read well, and could use more contrast. Particularly.... Dooku?
Darth Maul shouldn't be holding his saber like that, he should be holding it with both hands or at his side, facing forward.
Morpheus looks like a semi-tan white guy.

:)
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 09:09:35 am
It's difficult to give critique to a lot of pieces at once. Draw something new, do the best you can, and post it on the forum for dissection. Dumps get a lot of generalised statements, but little specific critique.

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 10:11:40 am
Cue: a bunch of generalised statements.

Proportions: everyone's too thin. In reality, men have shoulder width of about two heads, a bit less for women. Hips should be roughly the same, two heads, a bit wider for women, a bit less for men. Now, you've got kind of a chibi thing going, so the proportions are supposed to be off, but it seems like you've nearly drawn regular-shaped people with doublesize heads, which is definitely wrong, chibi or no. I really think you'll get better results if you draw bigger torsos and wider hips. Your eyes are generally too close together - ideally, they ought to be a eye width apart.

Colours: You gave everyone the same skintone, even morpheus and that black parade skeleton, which is really weird. You shouldn't even use the same skintone for every white character, in my opinion - you should pick them to suit the rest of the sprite, or to contrast with other parts of the image or game they'll go in. In a lot of places you're using too many colours to represent one thing, and it loses a lot of readability, almost like the lossy compression on a jpeg image - I'm talking about the costume on that first wolverine, the face on Barbossa and Goku's hair, as examples, but it's there throughout all your stuff. In a lot of places it just lacks contrast - the whatever-it-is in front of the waterfall is entirely unreadable, and the "READY FREDDIE?" one isn't much better. I don't know how you managed it, but the black and white on the Black Parade dude's costume lacks contrast, too. Basically, I think you're not picking colors that compliment one another. You should really read a bit on colour theory if you haven't, and keep it in mind.

Offline Elk

• Choice Architect & Nudger
    • elkdarkshire
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/4683.htm
    • darkshire
    • darkshire.elk
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 10:30:27 pm
mention next time that you used the byond base gfx
Open for business
elkdarkshire@gmail.com