AuthorTopic: Poppin Portrait  (Read 10322 times)

Offline xavier_viiv

• View Profile

Re: Poppin Portrait

Reply #10 on: August 21, 2007, 06:14:47 am
well...i like faceless edit..and since i wanna learn sumthin about face too...so i made some small edit..

the middle one,i put the ear in..and the third one,i edit the eye and mouth...

i like how you do the hair tough...

hope you like it.>.,<
PS:and when i just about to post this,you made some great edit already..but i still will post this anyway..>.,<...

maybe the ear should be up a little...and the mouth to..

it`s just my opinion though..

hope you like it^^
o_O

GBU
 max514

Offline Jericho

• View Profile
    • AppleLoaf Valley

Reply #11 on: August 21, 2007, 06:18:52 am
i like the mouth on the third one there haha. mine looks too small now xD
Alice is dead. We cut off her head.

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: August 21, 2007, 09:09:57 am
ANIME PLASTIC SURGERY GO!!

D:!!!

What have I done? She looks like an anorexic wtf scary thing now (she looks better in 2x though)

Just, stuff I did: I fucked up her hand (I'm using a computer mouse which just fails me, and I did the edit in paint, which killed me D:)

I emphasized the whites in her eye (it'd be good for her general expression if you could see both of her eyebrows, though, anyway, the eyes felt too shadowed by the hair)

I widened the mouth quite a bit (gives expression and personality)

and I anime:ed the nose (and gave it one (!) nostril and i apparently also gave her a cold since she's now red around the nose D;)

I also heightened her head for no reason at all, I should have made it smaller :(

Changed the angle of her neck so that she'd look more natural in her pose

and stuff.

One thing to think about when pixelling, work rough. You've put a lot of finish in the picture (which I have effectiely destroyed), anti-aliasing and so. stuff like that is nice to put in early in the picture (the oooh, I'm making it nice looking, yay-feeling), but it's even better to save that for the last touch and in the beginning just be sure that all the shapes are the way you want them.

So what I'm saying is that if there are any revamps you want to make with this image, go all on out and don't be afraid to destroy something beautiful you've already created in favor to replace it with something either nicer, or something that will make the picture, as a whole, work better.

And that's like, it :D cheers and goodo rucky, habu funny.

(oh, and of course, I, aside from destroying her nose, put it in the middle of her face (or at least, more then before) since even though anime noses are generally offset from the middle line of the face, trying to structure the face usually helps the balance and so on)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 09:12:01 am by Jad »
' _ '

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #13 on: August 21, 2007, 10:36:27 am
I actually think the latest version is fine, and no need to super-prettify or anthing.

Offline Faceless

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: August 21, 2007, 03:13:00 pm

Neck:
I think the more natural placement of the head/neck takes away from the piece as a whole.
Leaning back with her head tilted towards the pill makes her seem like she's almost evaluating it.
Yours seems a little too eager.

Nose:
Definitely cuter, and I think the placement is better, but there is no real reason to be changing the shape/style of it.

Head shape:
Much better.

Offline Jericho

• View Profile
    • AppleLoaf Valley

Reply #15 on: August 22, 2007, 03:24:51 pm

What have I done? She looks like an anorexic wtf scary thing now (she looks better in 2x though)

Just, stuff I did: I fucked up her hand (I'm using a computer mouse which just fails me, and I did the edit in paint, which killed me D:)

I emphasized the whites in her eye (it'd be good for her general expression if you could see both of her eyebrows, though, anyway, the eyes felt too shadowed by the hair)

I widened the mouth quite a bit (gives expression and personality)

and I anime:ed the nose (and gave it one (!) nostril and i apparently also gave her a cold since she's now red around the nose D;)

I also heightened her head for no reason at all, I should have made it smaller :(

Changed the angle of her neck so that she'd look more natural in her pose

and stuff.

One thing to think about when pixelling, work rough. You've put a lot of finish in the picture (which I have effectiely destroyed), anti-aliasing and so. stuff like that is nice to put in early in the picture (the oooh, I'm making it nice looking, yay-feeling), but it's even better to save that for the last touch and in the beginning just be sure that all the shapes are the way you want them.

So what I'm saying is that if there are any revamps you want to make with this image, go all on out and don't be afraid to destroy something beautiful you've already created in favor to replace it with something either nicer, or something that will make the picture, as a whole, work better.

And that's like, it :D cheers and goodo rucky, habu funny.

(oh, and of course, I, aside from destroying her nose, put it in the middle of her face (or at least, more then before) since even though anime noses are generally offset from the middle line of the face, trying to structure the face usually helps the balance and so on)

hahaha PILL!! D:!!  that made me laugh. What do you normally use for pixelling? I have a tablet but i hate using it for pixel stuff, i always use a mouse o_o.

The nose you gave her is adorable LOL I want to pinch it. I like the one she has now though too haha xD it's meant to look bulbous and silly hehe. The mouth definitely needs to be widened though and I shall be doing that :). You're also deffinitely right about the working in rough thing..i just have a tendancy to go in and automatically a/a things as i am working rather than after im done. I don't even think about it x_x;

will edit w/ an update in a bit

EDIT://

moved the nose and widened her mouth some

--

haha i've also started making an edit for a diff type of pill

« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 06:23:18 pm by Jericho »

Offline Crow

• Technicanimal
    • View Profile

Reply #16 on: August 22, 2007, 07:45:13 pm
That edit looks like she has already used one of her pills :P I like how it looks :D
Discord: Ennea#9999

Offline Jericho

• View Profile
    • AppleLoaf Valley

Reply #17 on: August 22, 2007, 09:10:12 pm
That edit looks like she has already used one of her pills :P I like how it looks :D

haha yup thats the idea i guess. The red/white pills are for health and the purple/white pills..well xD;

Offline elise

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: August 22, 2007, 09:23:47 pm
I like the longer hair but I wish I could see more of her other eye. Her eyes also look a bit like she's looking over the pill not at it.

I love the colors you're using. Can't wait to see the finished piece.  ;D

Offline Jericho

• View Profile
    • AppleLoaf Valley

Reply #19 on: August 22, 2007, 11:04:45 pm
I like the longer hair but I wish I could see more of her other eye. Her eyes also look a bit like she's looking over the pill not at it.

I love the colors you're using. Can't wait to see the finished piece.  ;D

in the second one she isnt meant to be looking at it haha