AuthorTopic: Falco Fighting Sprite wip \(>_>)/  (Read 7571 times)

Offline drbokchoi

• Tonight, I dine on turtle soup!
    • View Profile

Falco Fighting Sprite wip \(>_>)/

on: July 31, 2005, 10:12:38 pm
first thing I pixeled in a year

o_o

19 colors so far (if I can remember)

based off my sketch I drew a while ago

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/drbokchoi/wahhhh/new/dfdfd.jpg
left one

EDIT

updated. It's about 90% done. I have to touch up on things...

--------
and, hey everyone! I missed you all.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 12:29:46 am by drbokchoi »

Offline BeL

• how handy!
    • View Profile

Re: Falco Fighting Sprite wip \(>_>)/

Reply #1 on: July 31, 2005, 10:31:09 pm
Hello.

The coloring looks nice, but I have a few concerns about its anatomy. _His_ left hand looks a bit round and jointless, I think you should make it a bit more clear where every part of his arm starts/ends and since his leg is so muscular, I would expect the arms to be a bit wider near the shoulders.

Other than that it looks good  (as far as I can tell) and I hope to see it finished :).

That's all folks
BeL

Offline lief

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 02:10:47 am
i think arms look great as is.

seems to be slight discrepancies with lighting direction & strength, compare thighs/arms, beak/hair
thigh: should be lit from above, not just from side. Maybe the shadow edge is too linear?
arms: i like the shading, match legs to this not other way round.  lower arm needs shading fix where shadow falls off, needs to turn downwards in a slower curve, flattens arm as is.
beak: fairly strong specular highlight here, maybe out of place for general lighting model?
hair: see comments on beak, highlight may need to be a touch brighter, but looks ok as is.
hands: i like the complete hand, well done.  the other hand will need work around folded fingers (as you already know)

Offline drbokchoi

• Tonight, I dine on turtle soup!
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 12:29:10 am
thanks, lief and bel

Bel: Yeah, I had to distort the anatomy on Falco's hand because, well, he's a bird  ;)

lief: I think I touched up on all the critiques. And the pants are those poofy kind, but it didn't seem very obvious so yeah.

Offline lief

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 12:52:30 am
That is beautiful and i lub it. i especially lub the pants.  very nice low color work.

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005, 06:40:56 am
Wow, that is simply amazing!

The colors are so perfect! Its like straight from a comic book or cartoon. I love it. I think the piece is looking very well so far. Its about time that somebody makes a Street Fighter style Super Smash Bros. :D.

There are some downsides to the pic though. First of all, Falco's left leg and foot looks sort of messed up. Its like he is tripping or something. I think an easy way to fix it would be to bring his right foot out more, so its more of a tense/battle ready stance.
Also, another small thing, the highlights on the gun look a bit out of place. I'm unsure of the fix, maybe try just taking them out altogether, or using the darker lines instead. Donno.

Great work though. Keep up the excelent work!
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Darion

• View Profile
    • Portfolio bitch

Reply #6 on: August 02, 2005, 06:45:08 am
Falco looks like the guy from Alien Soldier ...  yes, he does.

Anyway, its hot. I really don't think you needed to distrot the hand. He may be a bird, but birds don't have arms either, so.

I would suggest thinking more about subtle texturing. the pants could really benefit from some.
@darionmccoy