AuthorTopic: BlueCheer :D (i need some help)  (Read 3684 times)

Offline BlueCheer

• View Profile

BlueCheer :D (i need some help)

on: August 19, 2007, 05:44:46 am
Hello I’m new to pixelation and well pixel art (kinda) and ive learnt how to do everything my self pixel wise and I really need help because today I noticed that I suck.
Ive done a few weird little drawings that didn’t really take that long. to give you an example of my style, a very bad style and id like to learn another “Style” or just some help on this stuff so I could get a picture of anything I could do too improve. Because really I hate how I make stuff and I don’t know how to change it.

I know there retarded drawings and i need to improve that also but this just how i do it not my best stuff and such.

Offline Mim

• View Profile

Re: BlueCheer :D (i need some help)

Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 10:41:48 am
hey blue, before you develope you own style it may be better to get to grips with the basics first, that is to find a tutorial go through it and end up with something at the end Clicky for linkage

if you'd like to go for it youself, do put some effort into it and spend some time on you piece, go get a reference of something you'd like to pixel and knock yourself out, google image search is always goof for references lol

wat you've got so far doesn't really resemble anything, it might be better to tell us what they are then maybe we can crit them, they're heavily pillow shaded which is a no go (pillow shading is making you the light source, so the edges get darker), if you want to pixel people and gore (the far left picture) you need to address some anatomical issues within the image

so overall, get a reference and have a go pixelling it, start small and work on a background that compliments the image, not grey.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 03:18:19 pm by AdamAtomic »

Offline BlueCheer

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 05:39:34 am
Well thanks mim even tho what you said was kinda what i was trying to ask you still gave me a good link :D ive actually tryed Derek yu ( a tutorial on there from him) but i didn't quite like it. and well what i was really trying to say is i wonted a new way to color my sprites not that those are good and pixel art not just sprites :P

Offline Mim

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 11:29:58 am
a new way to colour them?

you could go download the trial verison of pro motion (http://www.cosmigo.com/promotion) and use the build in function where u can select a colour that's already in the image and experiment by changing it whilst it auto updates the image, its quick and easy n really helpful

if that doesn't answer your question i dont understand what ur wanting here, could you be more specific?

Offline BlueCheer

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 05:35:44 am
umm no thanks that fine. And i actually downloaded that like 3 days ago :P. but ill try to tell you.

i meant like well see how some people dither there art, yes well i didn't even know about dithering till a week ago so i figured there was more things like that.

Offline BlueCheer

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 05:48:25 am
Edited that weird rock thing with tits. maybe you'll see what i meant now.

By the way is it still pillow shading? and i know i need to put more effort into it next thing i make will but i probably wont post this topic.

Edit: Followed derek yu's tutorial and this is what i cam up with     Tutorial : http://derekyu.com/extras/pixel01.html

« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 06:31:59 am by BlueCheer »

Offline xavier_viiv

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 08:14:28 am
i think tsugumo`s tutorial is a good start^^...but it think the link is broken or sumthin...@_@

the weird rock thingy is maybe too small to be dither..
and maybe people won`t like it when u double post...>.,<..use edit button...

keep on workin,n practice-^^-

since im a noob 2^^

hope this help..
o_O

GBU
 max514