AuthorTopic: my mock-up (Done)  (Read 8788 times)

Offline yueprofile

• View Profile

my mock-up (Done)

on: August 18, 2007, 03:38:12 pm

Still have quite a lot to do~~~

hope i can finish the enviornment and gui 2day. ^_^

It's my alpha release, i will tweak it a bit 2morrow, that's it for 2day~ ;D

=====================================================================
Update:

optimized the color, i think it stands out more then before
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 11:09:45 pm by yueprofile »

Offline Ryan Cordel

• Hi! I'm Daisy!
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP]my mock-up

Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 03:41:20 pm
Wow.

Looks like a rather beautiful environment, really, I hope you don't lose your will to work on it anytime soon. However, the dirt seems to fade with the. yellow grass/rocks kind of awkwardly, one of my only few criticism here. That, and you might have to anti-alias/AA or darken that bright shade on the tall grass.

Offline yueprofile

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 03:50:06 pm
Wow.

Looks like a rather beautiful environment, really, I hope you don't lose your will to work on it anytime soon. However, the dirt seems to fade with the. yellow grass/rocks kind of awkwardly, one of my only few criticism here. That, and you might have to anti-alias/AA or darken that bright shade on the tall grass.

Thx for reply....
Can you help me on that?
the problem is  i am running out of colors...... 
I the limitation is 31+trans, and after i optimize it, it uses 20 already......
I still got water and charactor to fit in the remaining 11 color
T_T

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 04:01:20 pm
You can transition that path pretty easy without adding any colors by simple doing truffs of grass lying over the path instead of just having a flat-line transition.

Offline youts_wid_shanks

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 04:06:29 pm
it looks amazing to me, but (and i feel kinda bad giving criticism on someone much better than me) i thought that the grass that everyone else is takling about was gravel with weeds growing out of it, from it's difference in colour to the other plants and it being near the long grass, that tile doesn't seem realistic as grass as the rest of the tiles... I mean, it looks good, but i don't think i've encountered anything like that in that sorta place

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 04:09:32 pm

I bridged the value gap between the darker shade in the foliage and the next one. I'd edit the tile as well but I can't really reassemble the mockup to check how it would work.

Offline yueprofile

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 04:30:16 pm
You can transition that path pretty easy without adding any colors by simple doing truffs of grass lying over the path instead of just having a flat-line transition.

I am going to do that this evening

it looks amazing to me, but (and i feel kinda bad giving criticism on someone much better than me) i thought that the grass that everyone else is takling about was gravel with weeds growing out of it, from it's difference in colour to the other plants and it being near the long grass, that tile doesn't seem realistic as grass as the rest of the tiles... I mean, it looks good, but i don't think i've encountered anything like that in that sorta place

can you mark it out for me? bcos my first language is not english, i am not quite clear which part you are talking about

http://www.locustleaves.com/mockup_1_wip.png

I bridged the value gap between the darker shade in the foliage and the next one. I'd edit the tile as well but I can't really reassemble the mockup to check how it would work.

thx man, i will try it out

Please use the Modify button in the future, and try not to quote images if you can avoid it.  Thanks!!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 06:18:10 pm by AdamAtomic »

Offline youts_wid_shanks

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: August 18, 2007, 04:50:22 pm

it's just i don't see that sort of plant all over the floor in that sort of scene. i'm just doing it because you asked, i don't mean to nitpick on a point that's not really that important

Offline yueprofile

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: August 18, 2007, 05:47:24 pm

it's just i don't see that sort of plant all over the floor in that sort of scene. i'm just doing it because you asked, i don't mean to nitpick on a point that's not really that important

oh i know. I am really willing to learn, as i just went into this field. your suggestions are important for me.
thx.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Re: [WIP]my mock-up (Updated Alpha)

Reply #9 on: August 18, 2007, 11:31:02 pm
I just thought your colors needed a little bit more fun :P

The other thing, this is a very messy style with a lot of broken colors and noise.  You may like that, but it might also look better to be simplified.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.