AuthorTopic: Silencer  (Read 4307 times)

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Silencer

on: August 17, 2007, 10:06:15 pm
 I was kinda remembering the days I played this game called Crusader No Regret. This main character of the game always was my favorite of all game characters. I did this SD Version of him.

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Silencer

Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 02:16:03 am
I did an edit:

Yeah, too many useless colors, bad palette overall in my opinion(Not trying to hurt feelings here, just trying to help). The shading was weird and his overall stance was a bit odd.

Offline Jace

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 03:02:32 am
bengoshia, I don't think your edit helped at all besides in color choice. The chestplate looks flat, the legs lack depth, and stance is very strange which makes the character look surprised. I personally feel that the original is much better.

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 03:13:00 am
Meh, bit of a lack of contrast:

Yeah, alot of the changes made to the pose were done out of boredom, my main point to get across was just that though, color choice. Though for actual pose improvement on his, he could use alot, I think he's supposed to be bending his knees(This was my original intention, to fix the legs but it was taking too long so thats why he has the legs he does) but it comes out as more of a classic Megaman stance, if I'm wrong about the knee bending let me know. Also, for the chest, yeah it does look a bit flat on my edit, was trying to make the light source come from the top, though I think my helmet looks much more defined.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 03:22:33 am by bengoshia »

Offline BlueCheer

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 04:21:59 am
bengoshia, I don't think your edit helped at all besides in color choice. The chestplate looks flat, the legs lack depth, and stance is very strange which makes the character look surprised. I personally feel that the original is much better.

What feet ???? oo those twigs i see ;) and yes i feel that the original was better except color wise.

Edit: actually i like the original colors more.

Offline lilwing

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 05:05:44 am
i like some of the details bengoshia put on there like the antenna. the original looks like it is slouching a bit because the abdomen and the head are not aligned. i like the contrast in bengoshia's edit more, but i don't like the dull colors he chose.

man, i can see the finished product already. it's going to look pretty awesome, just keep working at it.

by the way, if i were doing it i would give him cat claws shooting out of the wrist.

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 05:21:11 am
Thanks guys. Your edit is really good bengoshia, it helped me a bit. It's ok if the legs look off balance. I like your shading, I'll take that into consideration. Here's mine after the edit.

Offline LoTekK

• View Profile
    • LoTekK.com

Reply #7 on: August 18, 2007, 07:16:47 am
The main problem with Bengoshia's edit is that it strays way too far from the original character design; while I instantly recognised Andy's take on it, I definitely wouldn't have recognised the edit. I think legs-wise, pulling his left leg inwards a little may help a little with the stance. Right now I don't think it's so much a problem of being off-balance, as it is with his hip looking a bit dislocated. Additionally, his left arm looks longer than his right.

Still needs one of the cool weapons like that acid (or was it bio goop?) gun. :D

Offline xavier_viiv

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 03:18:47 pm
well..i`ll just wanna say what i see...

from the stance,i see that his body is a forwardin n his rite arm is bending inside,his rite foot is bending outside,n his left foot,i dun really get,cos the shadow is not enough maybe?..
,even though i dun know what the use of brown colours below that antenna,and a blue dot on his waist...>.,<..

but at the first look it`s hard to read..maybe it`s just for me though..

hope this would help^^
o_O

GBU
 max514